Chapter thirteen: swimming

I get up and hold out my hand to help up Peeta. He takes my hand and I pull him up. "Thanks." he says, I just give him a little smile and say; "Anytime."

"Okay, get ready." I start taking off my 'Harry Potter' singlet top revealing my favourite 'Balk Milk' bathing suit that has roses on it, next I take off my denim short-shorts and Peeta takes of his shirt. Wow! Madge is also getting ready.

When Peeta is ready I take his hand and run with him into the water. I can see in his eyes that he is really scared but he doesn't want me to see that.

"Are you sure your okay?" the water is only knee deep but I'm really worried about him.

"Yeah, I'm fine." there's an edge to his voice, so I don't believe him. "I've never been swimming before."

"Really?" I'm quite shocked.

"Yeah. We lived really inland and we never had a pool or anything so I never really got a chance."

"Oh, that's a shame. Is that one of the reasons you moved here?"

"Yeah, that and the change of scenery." he looks straight into my eyes which makes me blush bright red. He giggles, which is the cutest thing I've ever heard.

"Well, let's teach you how to swim." I say enthusiastically, changing the subject.

I spend an hour teaching Peeta how to swim, Madge joins us after the first ten minutes. I guess she learnt not to leave us alone for long periods of time.

We go back to the sand, where we lay the same way we did an hour ago. My stomach lets out a low growl, then I realise it's 2:30 and I haven't had lunch yet.

Not getting up I say, "Is anyone else hungry, I'm starving."

"Food sounds good." mumbles Madge her eyes still closed, enjoying the suns warmth. "And you Peeta?" she adds looking over me to him.

"Sounds good. I'll pay. What do you girls want?"

"Anything!" I say a little bit too loudly and fast.

"Well someone's eager." laughs Peeta, Madge joins him.

"So I haven't eaten since breakfast, I have the right to be hungry!" I yell playfully. I try to hold back a laugh but fail.

"Okay, so what are we getting? And I'm not taking 'anything' for an answer!" says Peeta who's laughing too. We must look like the biggest idiots, laughing hysterically.

"Ummmm... I want some pizza!" answers Madge.

*******************

New chapter YAY! And this book has over a thousand reads, isn't that awesome!

Comment, vote, fan!