Chapte nineteen: breakfast, break-hearts

"So? What's every one doing today?" I ask. We're just finishing our breakfast.

"Well, you two might wanna get changed before you catch a cold." Replies Prim.

"Haha, very funny. Well I don't have anything to change into, and I better get home. My parents might need some help at the cafe, so I'll get going soon." says Peeta.

"Don't go," I whine. "I'll be lonely." I sound like five year old when no one will give her a lolly.

"I'll call you later, what about Madge? Or I'm sure you have other friends?"

"Yeah, I guess." I say sadly.

Now Peeta's finished, he takes his plate to the sink and says. "I should probably go now." I put on a pouty face. "Don't make me feel guilty." He jokes. He comes over and kisses me on my cheek. "Last night was fun, I'll call you later." He whispers in my ear. I nod.

He leaves then. "So Prim, what are you gonna do today?" I ask enthusiastically.

"I'm going to Rue's house, remember?" She says slowly.

"Oh, right, I forgot about that!" I'm in a really good mood this morning.

"You?" She questions.

"Ah... I might go for a walk, it's supposed to be a nice day." I put my index finger and thumb along my chin, and pretend to be thinking.

"Okay, Rue's mum is coming to pick me up in 20 minutes. So I'm going to go get ready!" she says as she puts her plate in the sink, next to Peeta's.

Twenty minutes later Rue's mum arrives and takes Prim just as she was supposed to and I decide it's time to begin my walk. I walk through town, past the cafe (I wave at Peeta who's working). I walk back around the back of the buildings, there's a few creepy looking alleys.

That's when I see Gale, he's in one of those alleys kissing some blonde, I recognise her, she's in Gale's year at school.

"WHAT THE HELL?!?! Gale! What are you doing here?! What are you doing with her!?" I'm crying which really adds to the moment. Gale backed off her as soon as he first heard me yell. He looks like a deer in headlights. Still. Unmoving. Scared.

I run off crying, I head towards the cafe. I know Gale's following, but I don't care. I need Peeta...

*******************

Sorry it's still not very long but more drama! Yay!