Chapter eleven: the confession

I'm still only half ready. "Prim can you get that," I ask gesturing towards the door. "if they ask where I am just say I'm still getting ready, and let them in."

"Okay." she says as she turns and makes her way to the door. I quickly turn and run upstairs. I grab my favourite country road bag and put in it a spare change of clothes, some flip-flops (thongs, same thing), sunscreen, my phone and my purse. I throw a pair of sunglasses on my head.

I decide now is the time to head downstairs, it's been almost ten minutes.

I see both Madge and Peeta sitting on the couch I was sitting on a mere ten minutes ago, Prim's sitting opposite them.

Then Prim starts talking to Peeta, "So you were the one out side kis-"

I cut her off before she can say any more, "Hey guys!" I pretend I couldn't here what Prim was going to say.

But by the look on Madge's face I think she worked out what Prim had been about to say.

"YOU AND PEETA KISSED!"

Peeta looked at me with those big blue eyes, he wants to know if we tell her; which will make her very mad or if we deny it; which would mean you would be lying to your best friend. I slowly and subtly nod my head so he's the only one who sees. He then looks down to his feet and explains:

"It's true Katniss and I did kiss," Madge tries to interfere, but Peeta won't let her until he's finished, "Just let me finish. Okay, it was all my fault, I made the first move and yeah." Now I'm the one thinking of interfering, but then I realise he just saved me from Madge telling Gale that I kissed another guy because apparently he kissed me.

I look over to him and mouth a 'thank you'.

"Why did you kiss her. You know she has a boyfriend." Prim asks I forgot she was even here.

"Just got caught up in the moment I guess." he says giving me a little smile.

"Okay, I think we better get going." I say, I really jut don't want to be talking about Peeta and I kissing any longer.

"Yeah, you got everything?" Madge asks.

Peeta, Madge and I all head for the door and say a quick goodbye to Prim and make our way towards the beach.

It's about noon so the sun is high in the sky, it's really quite hot. The light reflects on the water it's really quite beautiful. Then I notice Peeta's looking at me as we walk, I pretend not to notice but I'm blushing like crazy which doesn't help.

Peeta, he's just so perfect and sweet. He saved me back there, he made me look more like a victim than a person cheating on their boyfriend (which I'm going to stop doing).

"Hey Peeta, I never got your number." I say, it seems to give him a little fright as it wakes him from his thoughts.

"Okay, pass me your phone." I say what he says and he passes me his as well.

"Thanks." I give him his phone back after I have put my number in and he gives me mine back as well.

****************

And that's the end of another chapter sorry they're so short but if I wrote them any longer it would take me forever to update. :)

Please comment, tell me what you think, give me some new ideas (I really have have no story line, I'm just writing as it comes to me) Thanks all of you for reading I really appreciate it :)