Chapter seventeen: the date

When we went shopping I had bought a beautiful cream dress with lace long sleeves, a lace neckline and a thin light brown belt. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. Prim however took forever to find her dress, she picked a dress that was completely different to mine, it was dark purple and a royal blue striped dress at the bottom with plain dark purple, the sections are divided by a light pink belt a little thicker than mine. She loves it, I think it's nice but way too young for me.

I spend about 45 minutes getting ready, including showering. I do light makeup, I put on very little really, I'm not a makeup person. I put on the dress which goes just above my knees, usually wear longer dresses but I loved this one so much I didn't care.

Soon after, I'm ready and decide to head down stairs to wait. I sit on the couch next to Prim, whose wearing her new dress. "Like the dress?" I ask her.

"Yes I love it! You look hot!" I was really taken back by her comment, she probably saw the look on my face and the blush. "I still don't get why you don't pick Gale?"

"Prim, we already went over this. I might still pick Gale, I just want to see how I go in a different relationship." she makes me feel incredibly guilty.

"Okay, but remember Gale is a great guy and would never do anything like this to you." she says firmly.

"I have no intention to hurt Gale, Prim. He's important to me!" I feel tears starting to form in my eyes. She's making me feel horrible. Maybe I am horrible. Maybe I should just stay with Ga-

My thoughts are cut short by a knock on the door, I look at the time, it's five to seven. Peeta.

"Prim open the door." I yell as I grab my purse.

"Hello." I hear Prim say, there is no happiness in her voice. She doesn't want him here, she wants Gale.

I run to the door, I'm wearing flats so that's fine. Peeta then comes into view. Wow, he looks hot. He's wearing red converse, black skinny jeans and a black t-shirt with blue plaid shirt with the first few buttons undone. I realise I'm staring and stop immediately, he however is staring at me, it's really cute. Prim walks off and starts getting herself dinner.

"I thought you were going to stand me up." I say, it's true I didn't think he would come.

"Give me a reason to why I wouldn't come?" he asks staring directly into my eyes.

"Well you could do heaps better." I feel so nervous, though I don't know what there's to be nervous about.

"Really? Well you obviously haven't looked in the mirror lately, your incredibly beautiful. Plus your amazingly sweet, and smart! You obviously haven't known me very long if you think I'm worth your time. And just to tell you, you're the most amazing woman I have ever met." he's trying to hide his blush by looking at his feet, but it doesn't work very well.

"Oh, well, I don't know what to say but that's you not me. I'm glad to have this date with you and think we should probably get going." I say stepping towards him.

"Okay, sounds good." he steps back as well.

"Bye Prim. You can stay up till I get back okay! When's mum coming home?" I shout to the kitchen.

"Tomorrow, she's staying at a friends place. Bye!" she yells back.

"Okay!" I take Peeta's hand and lead him outside. I kiss him on the cheek and say; "Thanks again for coming."

"It's no trouble, don't worry! How many times am I going to have to tell you this before you believe me?" he's got a huge smile stretching ear to ear. We start walking again.

"Where are we going?"

"That's a surprise, but I do need to ask one thing. What do you want to eat?" he looks smug.

"Really? Did you just ask that question? I want pizza!" I giggle.

"Didn't we have that yesterday?" he joins in laughing, he's so cute.

"Yeah, what's wrong with that?" I ask trying to be serious, which is impossible.

"Okay pizza it is." he puts the hand I'm not holding up in surrender.

We walk over and get pizza, the same one we got yesterday. We head towards the beach while eating our pizza. It's getting quite dark out but I think it's beautiful. We go sit on the beach and eat our pizza, it's the most amazing date I've ever been on. When we're finished our food, we lay down and I put my head on his chest. We look up at the stars and talk.

We lay there for hours, and I never want it to end.

Peeta takes his phone from his pocket and checks the time, it's 12:34. "We better leave" he says.

"Yeah." I yawn.

I take his hand and we walk back to my house. It takes about ten minutes the walk, mostly because it's dark, it's gotten quite cold too.

When we get to my house he gives me a quick kiss, which isn't enough, but I don't push it. I still feel really guilty about Gale.

"I really enjoyed tonight." he tells me "but I better get going."

"No!" I say a little too quickly. "Come inside for a bit."

"Okay, if I have too." he replies sarcastically.

We walk inside to see Prim asleep on the couch. She's so cute.

"Appears she did wait up for us." smiles Peeta. "She really is really cute."

"I know..." I say and smile at him.

"Do you want me to help you get her to her bed?" he asks and steps towards her.

"That would be most appreciated." I can't help but fall for him, it's impossible not to.

"I'll lead the way if you can carry her." I say and help him pick her up, he's so gentle with her when he lifts her. I lead him to her room and he gently puts her in her bed and pulls her sheets up to her chin so she's warm. He walks over to where I stand watching them, he has a smug smile spread across his beautiful lips. I give him a quick kiss to thank him.

We walk out of Prim's room and back to the lounge. We sit on the couch where we both lay. I lay my head back on his chest and slowly fall asleep...

************

Pretty long huh?

Thanks everyone for your amazing ideas! Please keep commenting!

Sorry for the long wait but I've been really busy, god I hate homework. :)

Thank you every one, over 50 votes, 50 fans and over 2000 reads! I loaf you all!