Chapter twenty-three: who is it?

"I'll get it." Whispers Peeta as he heads of the door. Who is it? Is it Prim? Is it Gale?

"Who are you?" A familiar voice asks. "I don't normally have people I don't know answering the door."

Mum.

I run to the door to see my mother dressed in her work clothes. She's carrying in one hand her laptop bag and in the other a huge pile of papers.

"Mum?" I say shocked at her presence. She never came home this early.

"Let me help you with those Ms Everdeen." Peeta walks over and takes the pile of papers from my mother politely.

"So, who's this?" My mum nods her head to Peeta.

Friend or Boyfriend. Friend or Boyfriend? I look over at Peeta for help. He gives me a look saying 'I'm-fine-with-it-if-you-are'. Boyfriend it is then.

"Mum, I would like to introduce you to Peeta Mellark, my boyfriend." I mumble the last part.

"What happened to Gale?" She asked sadly.

"Gale, well he lied to me and cheated on me!" I replied bluntly.

"Oh." She makes an 0 with her mouth. She didn't expect that from him, did she. "So how long have you two been going out for then?"

"A few days now." Replies Peeta carefully.

"Oh that's nice. Were you comforting her after Gale, you know, hurt her?" She whispers to Peeta even though I can hear her perfectly.

"Yeah, she came and saw me, and I'm helping to make sure he doesn't hurt her again." Peeta's careful not to say too much.

"Why is he here? I thought he went away." Says my mum surprised.

"That's the lie mum." I reply shortly. "I was just getting dinner, Prim should be back soon. Would you like something mum?"

"Yeah, sounds good." She yells as she walks into the lounge with Peeta.

They sit in there while I get food. I don't know what they're talking about, and I don't really care.

We all sit and eat, while having a conversation about zebras. It was really quite weird.

Soon Prim comes in and joins us.

"So have you two gone out on a proper date, now that Gale's gone?" Asks mum. Oh no!

"Gale!?" Yells Prim. "What about him?!"

*************

Oh no! Well done, @SkyluvsRy! This chapter is dedicated to you! Thanks, everyone for reading! Two updates within, like an hour! I'm so proud of myself! Haha! Tell me what ya think!

Team Gale, or team Peeta? Who should she end up with? I need ideas fro the next chapter!

Hey, it you're a wolves of mercy falls fan (like me) read my friend and my's story 'Always'! You can find it on wattpad, under my username :)