45 | Leaving

"You got everything?" My mum asked me as I put the last bag in the trunk of my car.

"Yup," I nodded checking everything one more time.

"The frames? Paperwork? You got the info about the Uni and the address of the apartment?" She asked for the fiftieth time today.

"Yes, mum, I got everything I need," I assured her placing my hands on her shoulder.

"It's just—" she started but I interrupted her. I knew exactly what she was going to say.

"I know. Don't worry, I'll be fine," I said calmly

"Dana, she's a big girl," my father said quietly but I knew he was worried too.

"Are you sure you want to drive to Boston? You could simply catch a fight, honey," my aunt said

"I'm sure, auntie. Besides, Raiden will be with me all the time," I assured

"You take care, okay? And don't hesitate to ask for money, I and your father are here for that," my uncle patted my shoulder proudly.

"Thank you, uncle," I smiled

"Look, I'm not going to say anything because," Rick stated

"Because?" I prompt him to continue

"Just because," he shrugged

"Shut up, I know you're gonna miss me," I said swatting him playfully on his arm. I waited for my mother to scold me for 'hitting' him, but she never did.

Instead, when I turned to look at her, she was grinning with her eyes wet. Aw...

"I should get going," I said and hugged everyone before getting in the car.

"Call me every Sunday if not every day, honey!" My mother shouted

"Of course! I love you all! Take care and try not to miss me!" I yelled back

I heard them all laugh before I drove out of the driveway. I am soo going to miss them. In these past weeks, we've grown very close. And I have to say, this was the best summer of my life.

I honked loudly when I entered Raiden's driveway to let him know I was here. Just as I was about to knock his door, it opened and there he was in all his glory with his bag and boxes.

"Hey," I greeted pecking his lips.

"Arianna," he replied.

I eyed his two boxes and the duffle bag on his shoulder and raised a brow, "That's it?"

"I don't have more things that are important enough to take them to Ithaca," he shrugged

I just shook my head and picked up one of the boxes to put them in the trunk of the car. He carried the second one and the duffle. After putting them in, he went to lock the house after checking the lights and windows.

"You ready?" I asked

"Yeah, let's get going. I'm driving," he said getting into the driver's seat swiftly.

"I knew you'd want to drive," I muttered as I buckled my seatbelt.

"So, what do you want to show me?" I asked hoping he will say this time.

"You'll see when you get there," he stated

"Ow, don't be like that. I'm going to have to wait two days until we get there," I whined

He didn't reply to me but I could see a small smile playing on his lips. That bastard, he liked to see me suffer.

"Fine," I huffed like a child and folded my arms on my chest resting my head on the seat looking outside.