30 | Him & I

"Look at me, Arianna," Raiden said

I couldn't bring myself to turn around. I just couldn't face him.

"Arianna," something in his voice ordered me to turn around, and I did.

His face was full of emotions I couldn't comprehend. And it was one of those few times when he let me see everything he felt. And unlike those other times, I couldn't get it.

"I don't want you to be just my friend," he whispered.

I stared at him wide-eyed. Just a moment ago, he was telling me he's already gotten used to me. And now he's telling me he doesn't want to be my friend?

"What are you talking about?" I croaked

"I don't want you to be just my friend," he repeated, "I want you to be much more. I don't know what I feel for you, but I know one thing: I want more, and I want you. I want to kiss you, hold you, touch you, hear your voice, just be with you whenever. I wake up thinking about you, and the last thought before sleeping is you. I just can't get you out of my head whenever I somehow manage not to think about you, I see something or do something that reminds me of you. I want early morning workouts with you. I want to go on road trips and long drives with you. I want to have more adventures with you, to explore and travel with you,"

"I just want you," he whispered, "I know you, and all your goals and problems and every other thing about you is a package deal, and I'm willing to accept it. The question is, are you willing to accept me and all the baggage I come with?"

How do you expect me to answer that? He just told me how he feels about me. And he wants me. It's beyond me how he can want someone like me.

"Raiden, I—I," I started but couldn't get the words out of me.

I take a deep breath and meet his grey eyes.

"I like you, Raiden. A lot. And I know that your baggage is a part of you, and I'm willing to accept you. All of you, Raiden," I whispered.

I had admitted to myself long ago that I liked him, and I knew I had to tell him. I couldn't just keep it in me.

He took a step towards me, but I took a step back and held my hand in between.

"But I can't be with you," I said quietly.

"Why?" He breathed, stepping closer to me, I took a step back until I back was slammed into the wall of my room.

He had me trapped between him and the wall.

"Why can't you be with me? I know you want to be with me. But you can't. Why? Is it because of your parents? Because they already know, and they approve," he said hoarsely.

I was gaping at him wide-eyed and open-mouthed. My parents know. And they approve. Whoa.

Are they really my parents?

Not that I'm complaining, just that's so unlike them. Like, very much.

"They know, How?" I managed to speak

He just shrugged and put his hands on the wall to the side, caging me in. His head was dipping low, and his hair was falling forward on his forehead.

You are soo doomed. You cannot get that image out of your head now. He's just exotically exquisite.

I don't even know that exists. But whatever. I can't find a better word to describe him. Raiden.

"I can't be with you because I'm selfish. I'm going to leave you eventually because proving my father wrong, and do something in my life is more important than my wishes. I'm going to hurt you if I'm with you. You don't want to be with someone like me," I blurted.