5 | I collapsed

Yesterday when I got home, I was panting for a while because I came running. Mom and aunt noticed that, and they got angry because I came running just because I 'felt like it'. They got me to clean the whole kitchen after making dinner for them and later at night they said they wanted me to clean the pool and the garden.

Yeah, right. The garden wasn't even dirty since Rick cleaned it two days ago. Well, the pool was another story. My aunt dumped garbage in it 'accidentally'. So, bam, there we go.

With all of the work that I did yesterday at night, my legs were killing me even after three hours of rest.

But it was four in the morning, and I couldn't afford to skip my 'me' time. So there I was, in my sportswear stretching on the porch. Even if my muscles hurt a lot, if I couldn't run, I'd walk there, and if I couldn't do that either, I'd craw all on my four if it meant getting out this house.

I ignored all the pain and started running slowly with Go Hard or Go Home by Wiz Khalifa blasting through my headphones. My lungs were on fire, and my muscles ached even more with every step I took.

When I reached the park, I was gasping for air like someone who had been underwater for ten minutes holding their breath. My legs hurt so much that they gave up, and I collapsed. I was expecting to hit the ground, but instead, a strong muscular pair of hands caught me.

"Careful, there," He said. I looked up to meet with a pair of the most beautiful grey eyes I'd ever seen. He was the company I had every day.

Of course. Who else would it be out here?

He helped me to a nearby bench and handed me a water bottle.

"You ok?" He asked, rubbing my back gently. Oh, boy, I don't know if he was trying to be sexy, but his voice is so sexy and masculine that it hit me right in the core.

"I guess," I said, but my voice failed me.

He looked like he wanted to push for information or say something more, but he didn't say anything. Instead, he offered his hand, "Well, I think I haven't introduced myself. I am Finch,"

"AJ," I shook his hand. "Well, nice to meet you, Finch," I tried to give him a genuine smile and almost failed.

"Nice to meet you too, AJ," He tried to smile, just like me, and almost fails. Just like me. Ok, so if I noticed his try, then he sure noticed mine too unless I am a better actress than I thought I was.

I waited for his questions to come, but they don't. So, I keep my mouth shut too. I had his undivided attention, and that made me uncomfortable as hell.

"I'm gonna get some work done out there," I let out an empty laugh pointing to the bars.

I just stood up without waiting for what he had to say. Or tried to because as soon as I got on my feet, pain shot through my legs so furiously that I nearly succumbed to the floor.

Again.

And Finch caught me.

Again.

I grunted in pain as I sat on the bench.

"Your legs are killing you, and you are so not in a condition to work out, let alone walk two steps," He said slowly "Then, why the hell did you come?"

I let out a little chuckle full of pain, "Ah, you see, I can't skip,"

His eyes widened, and for a moment, I thought he was surprised, but his tone told me otherwise. "But you can hurt yourself? Don't you know if you are injured, you will have no choice but to skip?"

I lower my eyes, knowing that he was right, and I was wrong. But I had to get out of that house in the morning. I couldn't spend my precious morning time in that house; I had to get out. But running like the way I did, was wrong. I could've severely hurt myself. Severely. And I couldn't afford my family to know that.

Why did I end up making stupid decisions? Because you don't think. You just do.

I glanced at Finch and judging by the look on his face; I could tell that he knew that I got the point. He bent down, balancing on his toes so that we are face to face. "Now, let's get you home?" He asked, a teasing smirk on his face. He knew that I couldn't walk to save my life right now, and there is no way I could get back home unless he has a vehicle or he carries me.

Well, then, two can play the game.

"And how exactly are we going to do that?" I returned the smirk. His grey eyes darkened for a little while that I thought I imagined it.

He was so close that I could read all of the details of his face. Bright grey eyes contradicted his golden skin, his jaw so sharp it could cut metal, and those high cheekbones I swear were something I had never seen. He had a small scar just above his right brow and one on his right cheekbone, which was so light that if you didn't watch him closely, you couldn't have noticed.

"Come on," He said gently, picking me up. I winced a little, my muscles still ached. Horribly so, I would like to add. At least I was not crumbling to the floor, thanks to this one wonderful piece of man.

Let's see where he takes me.

"What? No comments on where I am taking you? What if I kidnap you, AJ?" He sounded amused. And I didn't even know why.

I shook my head at his stupidity. "Are you serious? Dude, if you wanted to do something like that, you had plenty of opportunities this past week. And anyway, even if you kidnap me—"

I stopped talking. My mouth hung open as I take in that marvelous beauty parked right in front of my eyes. 

Koenigsegg Regera.

Holy fuck.

Regera, the first fully robotized car. Twin-turbo aluminum engine at 5,0L V8. 9.3:1 compression, bore of 92mm, and 92.5 of stroke. Redline at 8250rpm. A sports car, class S.

Holy shit. I couldn't believe I was seeing this beauty.

"Dude, this car is worth more than two million dollars. I wonder what this amazing piece of beauty is doing here?"

"I drove her," Finch says, surprise lacing his voice.

* * *

These sports cars are fun and all, but the good ole classics hit different. 

Team Challenger or Mustang?

edited: 18/06/2021