36 | The need

"LET ME GO! THAT'S MY WIFE IN THERE! SHE NEEDS ME! LET ME IN!" My father yelled at the nurse and struggling to get past the few others that work in the hospital.

"Sir, I understand. But we can't let you in the OT. We need to stable her and you are making it really difficult by yelling and not letting us do our job. Please, sir, you need to calm down," he tried to calm him down and pleaded me with his eyes.

"NO, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND A SHIT! I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOU! I NEED TO SEE HER! SHE NEEDS ME!" My dad was having none of it.

"Dad," I said grabbing him by his shoulders, but he just shrugged me off. I grabbed his arm and pulled him away from them.

"Arianna, what are you doing? My Dana needs me, please let me go to her," he begged me but came with me.

I dragged him to the parking lot of the hospital, to where my car is parked. I opened the truck and got out a punching fluff dummy I keep in there.

I placed it on the ground.

"Come on, dad, punch it. Let it all out," I said "You need to calm down, so think of this dummy as that nurse who didn't let you go to mum and punching the holy living shits out of it," I said

"Come on, dad! PUNCH IT!" My voice echoed through the empty parking lot.

My dad was staring at me, his breathing ragged and his eyes livid, full with rage. Yet, I can see the concern, worry on his face for his wife, his brother, and his sister in law, who was practically his sister.

When he received a call from the hospital saying that mum, aunt, and my uncle were in a car accident and their condition was very critical, my father lost it. He was angry and scared that he'll lose his family. He just wanted to see my mother, he said she needs her. He has to be with her.

My words seem to snap something in him, as tears started spilling out of his blue eyes. He screamed out of anger and frustration and finally kicked the dummy.

"Dad, let it all out. Because you need to be strong for mum. For uncle and for aunt. If mum woke up and she saw you like this, it would break her, dad. Be strong," I whispered

He looked at me, then pulled me for a hug. "I can't lose her, Arianna. I can't lose any of them,"

"I know, dad," I said. I wanted to tell him it's going to be alright, that it's just a bump in the road and mom, aunt and uncle are just sleeping who will be waking up in a few hours. But I can't. I can't give him false hope.

He pulled away and said we should get back to the hospital. He doesn't want to miss anything if the doctors come out.

"You will keep your calm, okay? I need you to be strong, dad," I said

He just nodded and walked towards the elevator. I put the dummy back in and locked the car before following him.

We were waiting in the lobby that connected the three OTs, my mum, aunt, and uncle were being operated in. I had already called Rick and Raiden, whom I told to inform Harvey and Iris too. They said they will be here soon.

My dad didn't try anything, but he was anxious and was running his hand through his hair every once a while. His eyes red, and face pale, even though his natural skin is olive.

"WHERE ARE THEY?!" Rick asked as soon as he came in running.

"All three of them are critical and being operated. No response," I said knowing my dad couldn't get a word out.

"How did it happen?" He asked sitting beside me.

"I don't know. A nurse said a liquid nitrogen container lost its balance and crashed into the nearest car being uncle Derek's," I replied.