15 | Hanging out with 'strangers'

"Mom, I got a project for Biology in which we are supposed to work in groups for the rest of the semester. And for that, I may have to go out to work at a library or someone's house. Or even go to research on our topic. So, can I?" I asked my mother and aunt who are watching me explain the whole thing.

They didn't reply right away, but then my aunt told me that it's fine as long as they know when I'm going. And told me not to make it frequent and to complete the work as soon as possible.

I thanked them, not satisfied with the answer, but it's something.

I called the girl and found out it was the girl from yesterday.

What a coincidence? It's really strange. First Finch, then Raven.

Harvey created a group chat for discussing the topics and details of the project.

We ended up deciding to hang out today at Finch's and Harvey's place just to get to know each other. Since we are complete strangers to each other, it would be nice if we knew at least basic about each other.

I informed my mother and aunt that I have to go out to work, and we will be working at a group mate's house. They told me to be back before 7 and call if I get late.

Wow, strange. I mean, really, when they gave me a curfew, I had to be back before the given time. No calls of anything could delay that.

And them saying to call them if it takes longer, is very unlike them.

Not complaining, though.

I spot Finch sitting on a bean bag in the porch with his legs on the table and his laptop on his lap as I park the car in his driveway.

As if that catches his attention, he shuts the laptop, placing it on the table and invites me in.

He says Raven is still not here, so it's just him, me, and Harvey at the moment.

The last time I came here, I didn't pay much attention to the porch. But now that I can have a clear view of it, it screams luxury and comfort.

There's a small white curved sofa with a table placed in between and a couple of bean bags around. Small side tables just each side of the sofa.

The way it's organized, and the sight itself brings comfort. Feels really cozy. At the top of that, the front faces the beach.

And the house itself is in the private area, so there is not a single person seen on the beach. Guess it turns out that part of the beach belongs to the owner of the house, a private property.

Harvey and Finch live in the South Pointe, in a 'beach house'.

This place seems like heaven. But that doesn't mean it may feel like heaven.

Not saying that it doesn't, but I live in a pretty luxurious house myself. It may seem like a paradise to the outsiders. But it doesn't feel a little bit of Home to me. It's far from heaven to me.

It's not the place, it's the people in there and the atmosphere.

"You coming in?" Finch's voice broke me out of my train of thoughts.

"Sure," I followed him in.

The interior is exactly as I remember. Well, I was here a day before yesterday. Of course, it's the same.

"Make yourself comfortable. You want something? Snacks, drinks?" He asked

"No, I'm fine thanks,"

"So, how's the leg?"

"I can walk," I chuckled. "So, you tell me, why do you take online classes?"

He just shrugged and flopped on the couch beside me only to stand up again to open the door for Raven.