29 | Gifts

My family and my friends got along very well. In these past few days, they've gotten a little close and are very comfortable around each other.

My parents no longer glare at Archer or me whenever he touches me. Or whenever Iris yells 'Yes, Biatch!'. Or whenever Harvey cooks breakfast or hugs me or lifts me up.

They don't give my friends disapproving looks whenever you do things they always do in front of my parents. Or whenever Harvey just comes and gives me a kiss on the cheek or tucks me by his side whenever he feels like. Even though my parents aren't bothered by that, Raiden is. He glares him everything he does that.

My parents are very comfortable with my friends that yesterday at the dinner table, my dad even cracked a joke with them. My aunt and mom love Harvey's food. And my uncle, he likes it when Harvey and Raiden talk about their company. My dad likes to hear about Iris' photography sessions.

Feels like a big happy family. And I can't help but wish it would never change now. If better, they even get more close.

I never thought I would be seeing a day when I sit back with a smile on my face as I watch my uncle and Harvey talking about whose car is better.

My mother and aunt are talking about something with Iris, and my father is talking with Archer. I'm just happy that finally, my family accepts who I am and my friends.

My heart swells at the sight of it. Right now, it really feels like home for the first time in this house.

"Oh, come on Mr. Fletcher, Maserati is better than a Range Rover," Harvey huffed

"Maserati is just luxury, Range Rover is luxury and comfort," my uncle countered

"You haven't driven a Maserati, yet, that's why. Both cars have comfort and luxury. Quattroporte is a combined sport and luxury. And the thrill you get driving it? It's heaven," Harvey said enthusiastically. He loved his car—no wonder he has personalized it all by himself.

"Kids these days," my uncle said, shaking his head and dropping the subject.

Harvey takes that as a cue of walking away. He spotted me sitting on the bottom of the stairs and sits beside me.

"What are you doing here alone, little one?" He asked, snaking his arm on my shoulder and pulling me to him.

"Just watching my family interact with my friends," I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder.

"I am surprised they let us in, you know," he said

"I know. It's like, they are completely different people with you guys here. And the way they talk to you guys, it's something I want to get used to,"

"Don't worry, Arianna, they are good people, and they all love you to death. They just want the best for you,"

"How does restricting me and not letting me do what I want is them doing best for me, Harvey?" I asked, meeting his eyes and pulling away.

"If they didn't do what they did, would you have been such an ambitious person? Would you want to do something in your life so badly as you want to?" He asked

No. I don't think so.

If my parents or family didn't challenge me or didn't tell me I can't study, I wouldn't want to do something so badly. I would be turned into one of those spoiled rich kids who do nothing and just spend their parent's money.

Harvey left the questions hanging in the air to stand up and join others in the living room while I made my way back to my room.

I laid awake in my bed, thinking about what Harvey said.