The Date

Your POV
I look at myself in the mirror. My ebony hair curls gently . I am wearing a pink long sleeve crop-top , an checked skirt and knee length grey high heeled boots. I grab my house keys and walk towards the coffee shop where we decided to meet.

By we I mean George and me.

But , of course, being a demigod, I had CRAPPY luck.

Like seriously if I had a dime for all the times my 'luck account' backfired, I'd be able to buy my school. And then cancel all math classes. And exams.

But I digress.

With my luck( shitty luck I tell you!), Leo Valdez is outside the very coffee shop I need to enter and is, of course,flirting with a girl.
What new? He's the biggest flirt in the school . He is forever pursuing a girl. Frankly (BAHAHAHA, You all know what I mean), it's really annoying. Not that I like him or anything,but. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Gah! I'll stop thinking now.

I take a deep breath. A very,very,very deep breath cause Zeus knows, I'll probably need it. I walk over to the coffee shop and confidently walk in.

Instantly , I see George's smile and I grin like a child. I walk over to the table he's caught for us and we begin chatting about everything that comes to mind. I order a large caramel cappuccino and after that, everything goes downhill.

Again with my crappy luck.

" So , I've been meaning to ask you, what's it like being the best female athlete in school ?", he questions with a slightly disgusted tone.

" What do you mean?"
" I mean, I don't really see athletes as girls "

STRIKE 1

" What the hell do you mean?"
" I'm just stating my opinion anyways, how do you put up with that Priscilla girl?"

" Excuse me? She's my best friend."
He scrunched his nose and adopts a mean girl voice.
" She is annoying, she is always staring at Andrew with this lovesick expression on her face and she tries too hard to get people's attention"

Andrew was Georges friend and Priscilla kinda liked him. But he didn't have any right to judge her.

STRIKE 2

" Okay, WHAT?"
" No I -"
" Save it , I'm leaving"
" What? no our date I-"
" Forget it George . Bye"

I storm out of the coffee shop, tears filling my eyes. I had really liked George, until he screwed everything up. I'm like Percy that way, really loyal to my friends.

Cue dat luck of mine.

I crash into Leo . " The hell Valdez?"
" I know I'm hot but seriously (y/n)?"
I roll my eyes and furiously try to wipe my tears away.

"Woah, what happened?"
" Nothing" , I mumble, but he takes my shoulders and says," You can tell me "

I break, I don't know why. I tell him what happened, and for some reason about my old boyfriend at camp who I remember nothing about. His eyes fill with sympathy . " I'm sorry I was so horrible to you"

I look at him and narrow my eyes.

"Yes, that fixes everything Valdez"
He rolled his eyes." I'm serious "

He looked genuinely sorry . I sigh," Its alright I guess"

We talk for a little and I say," I have to go Leo , and......thanks"

He grins and nods." No problemo "
I chuckle. What? This was Leo , the one who was horrible to me.

He stiffened for a minute and then began to lean in.
Suddenly I feel a pair of lips gently brush against mine. I was so shocked I couldn't react. But then my brain started back up.

OH HOLD YOUR HORSES MAMA!!!!
I jerk away and slap the boy." What in Zeus Leo? I forgave you doesn't mean I've fallen for you ,you idiot! "

" No , I , wait , I remember (y/n) !"

I glare at him. " Don't talk to me ever again "
I turn around and sashay off, with Leo desperately calling after me saying he remembered something.

Screw him.

(A/n): HEYYYY! Leo remembers everything, but you are in oblivion. Oh and PRISCILLA!(hinting at one person in particular) .

❤️Rhea , daughter of Poseidon