C h a p t e r - 24

[Edited] Chapter 24: The Thing With The Mystery!

Nova:

As soon as I open the apartment door, returning back, I stumble back when a body came crashing into me, engulfing me into a hug.

"Where were you? I was so worried." Scott murmurs, burying his face in my neck.

I hug him back, taking in his warmth. "I... er... I told you I was going for a walk." I whisper.

He pulls away from me and says, "That was an hour ago, Brownie. You didn't even had your phone with you."

"I'm sorry. I... er... I lost track of time." I say, softly.

"No need to apologize, babe. It's just that I was worried about you. Never do that to me again." He says, engulfing me in another hug, kissing me softly on my cheek.

He pulls back and asks, "Why are you all wet?" He examines my clothes.

"It... It was raining. I forgot to take the umbrella." I whisper, looking down.

He bends down and picks me up, bridal style and starts heading towards my bedroom.

"Put me down, you'll get wet too." I tried to shout but I didn't had the energy to do so, so it just came off as a whisper.

"Too late, babe. You're not leaving me again." I hear him murmur.

I sigh and place my hands around his neck and my head on his shoulder, breathing in his smell, which calmed me down a little.

While passing through the living room, I notice Ryan, Aria and Jenna on the couch.

Aria looks at me and mouths, "You okay?"

I just nod and give her a slight smile. I look at Ryan to see him mouthing, "Take care of her," to Scott. 

I look up at Scott to see him give Ryan a nod.

Scott takes me to my bedroom and lays me down on the edge of my bed. He turns around and walks into to my bathroom and returns after five minutes.

He walks towards me and takes my hand, pulling me up and leads me to the bathroom.

I look around to see the bath tub filled with hot water, with bath soaps poured in it, turning water into bubbles. The jasmine fragrance of the soap filled in the air.

I look up at Scott to see him smiling, "I thought a bubble bath might help you get relaxed."

I smile and mumble a 'thank you'.

He kisses me over my forehead murmuring, "You're welcome."