C h a p t e r - 17

[Edited] Chapter 17: The Thing With The Spying!

Scott:

As soon as we walk into the apartment, Aria immediately heads to Nova's room. 

Nova follows her but stops and returns back and takes Jenna by her hand and heads to her room and closes the door.

What's up with that?

Something really must be going on in Nova's mind. 

I quickly take off my tux jacket and head to my room and throw it on my bed. 

I stare at the thin wall that separates mine and Nova's room. 

Oh! Screw it! 

I walk towards the wall and place my ear against it, trying to listen it to the girls' conversation.

I hear Nova's voice describing our date. 

From the way, she's describing it, it doesn't seem like she didn't like it. 

In fact, she seems happy.

"What the hell are you doin'?" A voice yells.

I turn around to see Rye and Drew standing near the door, staring at me.

Damn it! I forgot to lock the door!

"I... er... I was... um... uh," I stutter.

Ryan holds up his hand and glares at me and walks away.

What just happened?

I look at Drew, who just shrugs in response.

Ryan returns with three empty coffee mugs in hand. 

He walks towards me and says, "If you wanna do something... do it seriously."

What the...?

He places the rim of the mug against the wall, and places his ear over the base of it. 

He looks up at the ceiling and starts speaking, in response to the things he hears from the next room, "Mmh mmh... uh uh... keep going... ooh... that's interesting!"

And curiosity kills the cat!

I look at Ryan and give him my cutest puppy dog eyes.