C h a p t e r - 27

[Edited] Chapter 27: The Thing With The Date!

Scott:

"Get out!"

I look up from my laptop to see a very frustrated Nova standing at the door of my bedroom, glaring at me.

"Huh?" I respond, probably with an expression as confused as my answer.

She lets out a frustrated sigh and walks to my bed and sits down beside me.

"You know how I said; we're going on a date today?" She asks, blinking up at me.

"Yeahhh..." I mumble, confused.

"So I need to make plans and I can't do it with you being here, Rye is helping me and I have to be careful!" She grumbles, as if she's talking to herself.

"Oo-kay?" I respond, still not getting the point.

She looks at my confused expression and giggles. Leaning closer, she pinches both my cheeks and gushes, "You're so cute!" But then quickly pulls her hand away, before I could respond, and frowns, trying to think something.

I sigh and put my laptop aside and pull her into my lap sideways, and hug her waist tightly.

She gasps out loud in surprise, but melts into my embrace, resting her head on my shoulder.

"What's going on in that sweet little brain of yours?" I ask, softly.

She pulls her head from my shoulder to look at me and narrows her eyes, "Little brain?" She glares at me.

"You did hear me say 'sweet', right?" I say, giving her my cutest smile.

She sighs, smiling softly and places her head back on my shoulder.

"Rye is helping me plan our whole date. But we can't discuss it, knowing you're in the next room and I want it to be a surprise for you. That's why I wanted you to go out of the apartment." She murmurs softly.

"Oh..." I guess that makes sense.

She pulls her head away, to look at me and says, "So I'm saying this in the sweetest possible way... Will you please get the hell out of the apartment?"

This was the sweetest possible way?

Before I could respond, a soft pair of lip touches mine and kisses me senseless. Her tongue plunges in my mouth and traces it against mine, passionately while her hands tangle in my hair as she explores my mouth.

She pulls back, breathless and asks, "So? Can you do that for me?"