C h a p t e r - 14

[Edited] Chapter 14: The Thing With The Surprises!

Nova:

Scott took my hand and led me inside. 

The Blues was like a typical restaurant, a receptionist straight ahead with eight tables each on the either sides of the restaurants. The red coloured curtains were drawn, giving the customers their privacy.

Scott walked towards the receptionist, "Welcome to The Blues."

"Thanks... We have a reservation here under the name of Scott Taylor." Scott said.

She looked at her computer and back at Scott and me, her eyes lingered a little bit more towards me, giving me a knowing smile. "Yes, we do."

She picked up her telephone and said, "Hello, I need the package under the name of Mr. Scott Taylor brought up to the front desk right now."

I looked at Scott confused and asked, "What package?"

"It's a surprise..." He said and winked at me.

"You guys look so cute together!" The receptionist exclaimed, with a dreamy sigh.

"I tell her that every time... she doesn't believe me!" Scott said, nudging me. He took my hand in his and kissed the back of it. 

I looked at him and blushed.

The receptionist looked at me, "You're so lucky!"

I would had said something, but I couldn't pull my eyes away from Scott, who was still staring at me as if there was no one else in the room. 

He lowered my hand from his lips, "No, ma'am... I'm the lucky one." He said, without taking his eyes off me.

Hot. Hot. Hot.

I heard someone clear their throat. I looked up to see a waiter carrying two large black boxes. He handed it to the receptionist. She inspected the boxes and held them forward one box for me and one for Scott. 

I looked up at Scott in confusion.

The receptionist turned to me and said, "You can use the empty room on the right," she gestured to the door on her right. "And you on the left," she said to Scott.

"Thanks..." He said to her.

"What's this?" I asked Scott.

"Go inside the room and open it..." He winked and nudged me forward.