s e v e n t e e n

"You little bastard!"

•••

THE MORE TIME passed, the darker it got until finally it became nearly too dark to see ahead of them. Finally giving into their fatigue, the teens drop to the ground. "Let's stop here."

There wasn't a fire, or any chatter. Everyone went right to sleep. Leanne slept on her back, mainly because the ground hurt her shoulders when she slept on her side. She found herself watching the others fall asleep as she couldn't. After about an hour of laying there, she manages to fall asleep. The storm brewing in the clouds was no help, but she managed.

"Hey. Hey. Get up." She's woken up by Thomas' raspy voice. "Newt, get up. Come on, let's go. Frypan, Aris. I see something."

He turns in the direction of what he's talking about. In the distance, the group is able to see lights at the bottom of the mountains.

"What is it? What..." Newt says, stopping when he sees them.

"You see that?" He points to them. "It's lights."

They were so close, but Leanne didn't raise her expectations; they didn't know what they would find there.

"We made it." As Newt says this, a loud clap of thunder sounds behind them. Then, it happens again and they see lightening hit the ground.

"We gotta go." Leanne says, reaching down to get her bag. "Come on. Come on, let's go." As more lightening starts to hit the ground, the teens run towards the lights.

"Let's go! Hurry! Go! Run!" Leanne hears people yell as they run from the lightening.

"Keep moving!"

The faster they run, the come along cars parked at random. The building isn't far now, but the lightening is close.

"We're getting closer! Keep going!" Thomas yells to them.

Minho lags at the back of the group, trying to get Juno to run faster. "Come on, June!" Noticing the lightening getting even closer, Minho gives Juno a big push before it comes down to hit him. She's blown away, towards the group. A loud ringing sounds in her ears.

Without getting up, June manages to look back at Minho, who is laying on the ground a few feet away from her. With all her energy, she pushes herself up to crawl to Minho. She hears the others yelling in the distance, but can't make out what they are saying. "Minho..." she mumbles, shaking the boy. "Minho?" Thomas, Newt and Aris run out to go help the two. Newt helps June stand while Thomas and Aris get Minho up and being him to the door. Newt keeps his arm around Juno's waist to keep her from falling.