t h i r t e e n

"I want to know where the kids go

"I want to know where the kids go."

•••

"I'M GONNA GO see the boys." Leanne sighs, getting up with her tray. She moves down the table, past the other girls' table and to the boys' table. Setting her tray down on the table, she lowers herself to sit between Frypan and Newt. "Hello." She smiles. "I'm Leanne." She extends her hand out across the table for the unknown boys to shake.

Shaking it back, the first boy —who has tanner skin with cropped hair— replies. "Hi, Leanne. I'm Jonathan."

She moves to shake the darker skinned boy's hand. "Gus." He replies.

"Anyways," The brunette pulls her hand back to set it down in her lap. "Could you tell me what that was about?"

"Yeah, where are they going?" Minho asks.

"Far from here." Gus responds, turning around to face them again. "Lucky bastards." He shakes his head.

"Some kind of farm." Jonathan adds, shrugging. "A safe place." Leanne and Newt share a look, before turning their attention back to Jonathan. "They can only take in a couple of people at a time."

Thomas, obviously distracted, watches out the window in confusion. "What the hell?" Thomas gets up, and Leanne directs her attention towards where he's walking. Teresa is walking, along with on the other side of the glass. "Hey, Teresa?" Thomas says loudly.

"He's going to get himself into trouble." Leanne mumbles, shaking her head as she watches the scene unfold.

"Aren't you?" Minho asks, sliding closer to Newt and her.

"Yeah? Aren't you gonna wander the halls at night or something?" Frypan asks from her other side. "I always thought you were scary at night, walking in the dark. It's like you use it to find out everyone's secrets."

"Whatever, Fry." She scoffs.

"Neither of them are wrong, Lee." Newt chuckles. "I have no doubt in my mind you're going to do something crazy to uncover some secrets."

"Well, if this place wasn't so sketchy, I wouldn't feel the need to." The brunette points out. "Anyways, if they're who they say they are then it'll be fine."

"Urgh, why can't you just enjoy being out of the Maze?" Minho groans, and Thomas comes to settle back down between Minho and Newt.