e i g h t

"You would've thought I'm crazy

"You would've thought I'm crazy."

•••

RUNNING AS FAST as her feet can carry her, Leanne pushes open a pair of doors, running right into a boy, around the age of thirteen, with chocolate brown eyes and brown hair. "Thomas," She exhales in relief. "I'm so sorry," She speaks quickly, grabbing onto his shoulders. "It's not my fault, you have to believe me." She pants, and hears footsteps from behind her. She grabs onto Thomas' arm, pulling him down the hallway and into a small empty office. "I don't have much time, but you have to listen." He looks at her, confused. "I'm sorry I can't explain everything, but they're bad people, Thomas. You can't trust them." The sound of people rushing around gets closer. "You have to believe me. I'm sorry, I really am." The door burst open, revealing two men wearing all black. "Tell Teresa I'm sorry too, okay?" The boy manages to nod before he's pulled away from the girl. She's swept off her feet, and dragged away. "Leanne, I thought you'd learnt your lesson." A woman in all white —the same from her other dreams— approaches her. "I guess not." She says, disappointed. Leanne elbows the man holding her in the stomach, then proceeds to knee him in the groin before running down the hallway. "You can't get away, Leanne!" The woman yells.

"Aww, look at you two, cuddling." Leanne's woken from her dream by Minho, who seems to be teasing the two.

Thomas lifts his head from her own, letting Leanne lift her head from his shoulder. "Whatever, Minho."

"Big day, Greenie. Are you sure you don't wanna sit this one out?" Minho asks him jokingly.

Thomas scoffs. "Come on, man. Get me out of here." Thomas scoots forward, towards Minho.

"All right ." Minho opens the trap door, and Thomas gets out, turning back around to offer Leanne a hand. She grabs onto it and he pulls her to a standing position. "Lea—"

She interrupts him. "I know, I know." She rolls her eyes. "You're gonna say I'm not aloud to come with you."

Sending her an apologetic smile, Minho and Thomas begin their walk towards the Maze. Minho hands Thomas his pack. "Hey, just out of curiosity," Thomas begins. "I've heard some things about her, around the Glade. Are they true?"

"That depends which rumours you're talking about." Minho replies. Thomas raises an eyebrow in his direction. "Some say, she remembers."

Frowning, Thomas asks. "Remembers what?"

"All of it."

•••

No matter how hard Leanne tried to make sense of her dreams, she couldn't. They came in foggy, and by the time she woke up most of the faces were blurry. It didn't help that they didn't come to her in order. One second she would be with the woman dressed in white and the next she would be back in what seemed to be her home, trying to drown out the screaming of the beautiful woman Leanne had concluded was her mother.