t w e n t y s e v e n

"I've still got unfinished business

"I've still got unfinished business."

•••

AFTER RETURNING FROM their little adventure, they all settled and Gally had gotten into telling the others what he has showed them, and explained what he planned on doing.

Leanne wasn't sure how much she liked that plan. Using Teresa? She may have given them over to WICKED but this was Leanne's sister. She didn't want to hurt Teresa in any way, although she was still mad at her. As long as none of them got hurt in the process, Leanne would be all aboard, assuming that Gally could assure them that Teresa wouldn't
get another way to warn WICKED. Leanne waits silently, looking down at the helmets they stole from WICKED and the papers all over the table. They were waiting for someone to speak. Anyone.

"No. There's gotta be another way." Thomas is the first to speak.

"Like what? You've seen the building. She is our only way in." Gally gestures towards the papers.

Thomas rolls his eyes. "You really think she's gonna help us?"

Gally shrugs. "I don't plan on asking for her permission."

"Am I missing something here? This is the same girl who betrayed us, correct?" Brenda exclaims. "Same dick?"

"I like her." Gally nods.

"What's going on?" Brenda frowns. She did have a point, Teresa betrayed them. At this point most of them didn't care what would happen to her. Leanne only cared for one reason.

Newt looks up from the table. "What, are you afraid your little girlfriend's gonna get hurt?" He looks up at Thomas, who doesn't speak. Leanne feels a jab of jealousy run through her veins as Newt calls Teresa the Thomas' girlfriend. "Hmm? Because this has obviously never been just about rescuing Minho. Has it?" He asks, beginning to get annoyed with Thomas.

"Wait, what are you talking about?" Thomas frowns.

"Teresa." Newt stands up straight and turns to face Thomas. "She's the only reason that Minho's even missing in the first place. Now we finally have an opportunity to get him back. And what? You don't want to because of her?" Newt speaks quickly, taking a step closer to Thomas. "Because deep down inside you still care about her, don't you? Just admit it."

Thomas shakes his head. "Newt, I..."

Newt pushes Thomas back against the wall. "Don't lie to me!" Leanne jumps up a little. She had never seen Newt act out like this. "Don't lie to me!" Beside Leanne, Juno isn't even looking at the two anymore. She directs her gaze to the ground. Brenda stands with her hand over her mouth. "Sorry." Newt mumbles, turning away from Thomas. "I'm sorry."