The pack

Lea: "Baby," Eden whispered, waking me up while she stroked my cheek, "get dressed and let's go."
"Where are we going?" I asked confused, "what about the storm?"
"The storm is no long a storm," she smiled, "there's just a few feet of snow but nothing the truck can't handle."
Quickly I got up, squealing with delight I ran to the bedroom to get dressed. I had no idea what she had planned but I knew I would enjoy it. I always love her surprises. After quickly combing my hair and brushing my teeth, we were out the door.
At the end of the driveway we turned left, the opposite way of town.
"Where are we going?" I asked lifting an eyebrow. We were going deeper into the woods.
"You'll see," she smiles.
The roads weren't plowed yet but the truck could handle it. The little thing could get through anything with its four-wheel drive and heavy tires. Eden had done some work on it, getting it ready for the coming winter.
"Okay tell me where we're going," I laughed.
The snow became deeper the farther into the woods we went and the elevation also raised.
"Surprise," she answered again, this time taking my hand and kissing it as she brought it to her lips.
"I love you," I told her, blushing.
"We're here," Eden finally said. I looked up before me and saw huge house. It was breathtaking the way it stood out. Looking at it, the building had at least four stories. The outside made of stone and a black weathered roof. All around the front was a gate, keeping people out and away.
"Gregory," Eden said through an intercom, "open the gate."
Soon before us the gate opened up and we went down the long driveway toward the house.
"This is your house!!" I squealed looking at her, "we're seeing your family!"
"Haha yes, now calm down," she grinned.
----------------------------------------------
Eden: "Gregory!" I smiled, giving him a hug when he opened the door.
"Welcome home master," he said with a glimmer in his light blue eyes.
Gregory was sort of our butler, running small errands around the house for the pack. But he was more than that. My father trusted him with everything. Even in his wolf form, Gee would follow my dad around and inform him of the pack but also doing little services. Gee was a second father to me. His wrinkles and grey hair showed his age. He'd been with the pack a long time. Before it was my fathers.
"Everyone is down stairs in a meeting of you'd like to see your family," he informed me.
"That's why no scouts were out," I said, "thank you for telling me. I'll go right down there. Come Lea."
We walked the long halls of my childhood home to the staircase leading downstairs.
The halls were gleaming and clean just as they've always been. The white marble floors shined in the sun coming through the wide windows while the soft honey colored walls gave a feeling of more light and warmth. All the doors we passed were dark oak. Most leading to offices on the wing but some led to high-ranking scout chambers.
The stairway was different. This was the part of the house that was dark with dark stairs and dark green walls. We didn't maintain this part of the house because the only thing down this way was storage, the ancestry archive, the library and the meeting room where all the pack goes when my father beckons.
"Father," I said after leading Lea down the stairs, through another hall, and opening a large oak door on the right.
"Eden," my mother breathed, coming over to hug me. This is the first time she's seen me for months in our human forms.
Everyone was looking at us. The whole pack was here except for a handful of scouts and some servants still keeping the house running. Two dozen members all looked at us from their seats on the benches that were placed in rows all along the three walls in front of us.
"Nice of you to join us," my father smiled, eyes twinkled through his thick glasses. My father was an old man in his fifties with his salt and pepper hair always combed and freshly shaved face. His silver eyes always twinkled. Especially standing tall and leading his pack.
"I brought news," I said, standing taller to show the pack they should still respect me, "your senses are true."
"Who's this?" My father said not paying attention to my words but to Lea, "she's human."
"She's my girlfriend," annoyance creeping into my voice.
"She's human!" Marcy yelled, standing up from her seat on the bench, "it didn't go well with the last one."
"Marcy shut it," I snared, "please."
Feeling all the eyes on her, Lea squeezed as close to me as she could. Hiding from everyone behind me. She was so damn cute, even when frightened.
"It's okay child," my mother cood, noticing her distress, "you're safe here. Marcy just likes giving Eden a hard time."
"Mother, Father," I said, pausing before continuing. "Could we talk in private?"
"Ryan, finish up the meeting for us," my father said turning to my brother. "Your sister has something she needs to tell us."
"Thank you father," I said bowing.
My father led me and Lea to the library where all four of us sat on the brown leather chairs in the center of the room. It was silent at first then my mother spoke, "what brought you here dear?"
"There is danger," I spoke gravely, "a few months ago I killed another wolf on my land, it came after me. I didn't think much of it but then a bit after that Lea was attacked. The boy said he was brothers with the wolf and would come after me. Yesterday during the blizzard I was attacked. By that same boy and more of his family. Dad, his pack called for allies against us. His brother was just a scout. They want our land. It's not safe out there."
"My poor prosita!" My mother exclaimed. Her Spanish heritage showing, "are you okay??"
"Yes mama, I just want to come home. Only till this is over. And I want to also keep Lea safe."
"You may come home," my father spoke, "but you can't just come when there's danger and you need help. You need to start coming home once a week for dinner with everybody and stay the night at least on weekend during the month. We need help as well. I just don't know about your girl. No human has ever stayed with the pack. You know she can't beyour mate."
"Sir," Lea said speaking up, "I'd do anything to stay with Eden. I'd even change if that's what you wanted. To become one of you. I love her."
This made my father smile but made me angry.
"No!" I shouted, getting up out of my chair, "Lea I won't let you!"
I couldn't bare the thought of her turning into a wolf.
"It's my choice and I choose you," she said being stubborn, her face hardening.
"We will see what the future brings," my father said bringing his hands up, "for now yes, Lea can stay. Unchanged. They already went after her once. We'll have to see about the changing though. It's a commitment all on its own."
"Eden and Lea should stay the night," my mothers hands shot out in delight.
"We can't mama, Lea has school tomorrow," I said. "But we will stay for dinner."
Both my mother and father left the library. Leaving me and Lea time to discuss.
"It's my choice," she said in annoyance.
"It's just a painful change and bitten humans don't always get through it," I said, "I don't want to lose you."
"I want to take that chance for you. To be your mate. I love you."
I love you too Lea," walking over to her and holding her in my arms.
A little while later, Marcy came down to tell us it would be two hours till dinner. She was snarky in every way. Clearly not liking Lea at all.
"You won't last, babe," she said to Lea, playing with her red hair that was tied in a pony tail.
"Back off, whore," I told her.
"Oh Eden," she pouted, "that's no way to talk to your ex fiancé."
Even now she was a bitch. Still the same slutty clothing as always and the same mean personality that matched her dark brown eyes. I didn't even know the reason I proposed. All I did was like the sex. And that's all I needed at the time.
"Get out of here," I said pushing her out the door she came.
She marched all the way down the hallway with a bratty little pout.
"Fiancé?" Lea asked, eyebrow raised.
"I don't know," I said sinking into one of the chairs.
"And what did she mean by the other human?"
"My ex," I answered, staring at the floor.
"Talk to me," she said coming over to sit on my lap.
"I dated this girl, I kept it from her though that I was a wolf. And when I finally told her, she left. Won't even talk to me. I asked her to come live with me here but she backed out. Said it was getting to serious. The real reason was she was scared of me. And her friends hated me." I answered, holding her close. "For the longest Time I would watch her from far away. She met a boy and became happier without me. She completely changed and I don't know why."
"Baby," she said, breathing me in, "that's the past. I'm here forever. I love you."
"I still don't want to change you," I said.
"We'll see about that one," she informed me with a wink, "now show me your room."
----------------------------------------------
Lea: "wow this place is huge!" I said as we walked along the corridors. The wood floor padded under our feet, Eden's mother had a rule of no shoes in her house. This floor wasn't as bright as the first but it wasn't as dark as the basement. All the upper halls were lined with the same oak doors but the walls were painted a light cream color. The only natural light came from wide windows on both ends of the halls. The giant circular stairway in the center.
On our way up to the fifth floor Eden informed me that all the rooms on the second through fourth floor belonged to the members of the pack. They were all sleeping chambers. Most with their own bathrooms. The fifth floor though was reserved for Eden and her family. Her mother and father shared a room while bother her and her brother got their own. The other rooms on the floor were an office, storage, and a few guest rooms.
"Your room is so big!!" I shouted in her ear when she opened her door.
"The second largest suite in the house," she laughed, "being future alpha has its perks."
"Can we live her??" I asked all excited.
"Maybe," she smiled, crossing her arms as I jumped on the big canopy bed.
The room itself had large windows with big red stitched curtains. The walls were painted a rusty orange that would look ugly in any other room but worked in this with the dark wood floor and oak bed dressed in a lighter shade of red than the curtains. It was clean and spacious with the only furniture being the bed and a desk on the left side of the back wall. It gave a feeling of royalty.
"Where's all your stuff?" I asked frowning.
"My closet," she laughed, "it's huge. The maids don't like things cluttered."
"I love it here." I told her, going over to her and wrapping my arms around her waist.
"I want to live here with you forever."
Eden's mom came and got us for dinner. Her dark brown hair now loose and not pulled back into a neat bun like it was before. Her tan skin gleamed in the little light still coming from the setting sun. Her dark blue eyes glimmering. All Eden shared with her mother was the shape of her face and body. Eden had her dads eyes and probably his hair when he was younger. She was also taller than her mother but had the same strength her mother must have had when she was younger.
Dinner was uneventful, I sat at the head table with Eden and her family with a few higher-ups and a boy who seemed to be Eden's best friend. His name was Dani. As they joked around I noticed how much he cared about her. I sensed a little crush. But I wasn't too worried. Eden was gay and all Dani wanted was for her to be happy.
When the meal had started to finish up, people came up to the table to say hello to Eden and introduce themselves to me. All of them were nice and very polite especially to me. They knew Eden expected that of them. I loved the energy from the group. All of them laughed and joked, little kids even ran about playing tag.
"Ready to go?" Eden asked me as the night became later, "you have school."
"Okay," I smiled sadly, "only if you promise to bring me back."
"Of course Lea," she smiled.
Soon we were in the truck heading to my house. After all the excitement today, I was exhausted. I fell asleep on Eden's shoulder.