Visitors

EDEN: I came home quickly after dropping Lea off, I was exhausted after spending all day out in the woods. When I made it into the driveway and out of the car I could tell something was off. I was on guard walking into my front door. When I made it in i pounced.

"Woah relax hot-shot," Dani said catching me, "just me."

"Fuck Dani you scared me," I said taking a breath.

"You didn't smell my scent? It's probably that human smell all in here. Air this place out and you'll be back to normal."

"But I like her scent," I frowned, "Dani I met this amazing girl and she's like obsessed with me. Well my wolf form that is."

Dani was amazing. He was the best when it came to being there for me. Without him I wouldn't be able to live without a pack. He helped me hunt. Deer I could take down by myself most of the time. But when I needed beef he helped take them down and drag them back.

"Your father wants to know if you're ready to come back and fulfill your duties as alpha," he said running his hands through his dark brown hair.

"Cutting right to the chase I see," I said standing up straighter.

"We need you," His hazel eyes begging me.

"I like being alone. And you don't need me. Ryan will make a perfect alpha."

Hearing his name my little brother came out of the hallway, where my room and the bathroom were located, on the left side of the main room.

"They don't trust me sis," he said with a half grin on his face, "who's the chick I'm smelling? She's human. You gonna change her and start your own pack?"

"This is why he will not make a good alpha!" Dani said raising his arms over his head, "he is too naïve."

"No he just needs teaching. Give him time. He's only 15." I said laughing, "Ryan if you change the wrong person then shit can happen. It's better to let nature happen. Those who are born human stay human. You can't just change random people to make your own pack. And that kinda defeats the purpose of living alone."

"Dani tell my father I'm happy the way things are," I said changing the subject.

"You know he's gonna keep trying. You know how he feels. We should all stick together because the more wolves a pack has the stronger it gets."

"Dad also says he feels a change in the wind. Something big is going to happen," Ryan said, his blue eyes getting wider, "whatever it is it's not good."

"Ryan I didn't want to bring this up now," Dani said solemnly.

"What do you mean by something is coming?" I said looking at my brother.

"You know dad just gets these feelings. The wind has shifted he said. Something will happen," Ryan said with a grave look on his face.

----------------------------------------------

After the boys left I didn't feel so tired anymore. I couldn't stop thinking about what my brother had said. He was right though. Usually when dad got these feelings they were never wrong. Danger was coming. We just didn't know when.

After pacing around the house for about ten minutes I left. I needed to clear my head and only a walk would fulfill that. I wanted to think so I didn't change. I walked through the woods in my human form south-east toward the river. After walking across the log that Lea had fallen off, I walked some more. Soon I had walked about eight miles to her house.

I stood in the bushes, like I usually did in my wolf form, and looked up at the window that I had seen her looking out of countless times. I then took a lighter out of one pocket and a cigarette out of the other. Lighting it I took a long drag. I didn't cough like a normal person would because my lungs were much stronger. The cigarette calmed me down enough where I was able to think.

When the danger became nearer I would take Lea and myself to the estate to make sure we were both out of harms way. I didn't know why I was so worried for her but if my fatherwas shaken then whatever was going to happen was big. I didn't want her caught in the middle. I felt a great need to protect her with all my might and I would do just that. I just had to befriend her and get her to trust me first before I could tell her my secret and bring her to the feet of the pack.