Opening Up

Lea: "Fuck you," Eden said staring up at me.
"You already did," I laughed.
We were still lying on her bed, her head on my shoulder and our legs intertwined. Usually I was the one cuddling up to her and this made me happy. I felt as if a barrier had finally been passed and we were closer than ever.
      Eden had layers, I knew that from the moment I met her. Everyday I uncover another and get to know a whole new side of her. This was one of those rare time where her guard was down and she let herself be vulnerable. Even though we had been dating for months now, she did not trust me fully, and I knew that. It would take time for her to trust me fully, I just had to wait.
---------
Eden: laying there in Lea's arms I began to think. She got so worked up about the cigarettes and I had no clue how she would react to find out about more of my bad habits.
Better tell her now I thought.
"I have something to tell you," I sighed, getting up.

     The sheets fell off my bare body and my feet padded on the cold floor to my dresser.
"Now don't freak," I told her as I opened the top drawer.
I then pulled out two bunts, my bowl, and a small bag of weed. I then walked over and laid it all on the foot of the bed. Lea sighed and sat up.
"How long have you been doing this?" She asked.
"Off and on for a couple of years," I shrugged.
     I started smoking pot when I was fifteen just before I met Juliet. It was my way of escape from pack life. When we had started dating I stopped but then started up again once we broke up. That was also when I started smoking cigarettes.
"Any other drugs I should know about? Alcohol? Anything?" Lea asked, staring at my stash with a frown.
"No just this. I don't like how alcohol effects me. Pot wears off within a few hours. With alcohol you still feel it the next day."
     "We're throwing this stuff out. I don't care about the cigarettes because I know those aren't easy to just stop. This I don't like though," she got up and then wrapped her arms around me. Both of us were standing there naked, looking at the drugs.
"Okay," I nodded.
"We could throw the weed in the fire but I feel like that wouldn't be such a great idea," laughed my girlfriend.
      I then looked at her and smiled. Lea really was amazing. I didn't know if it was possible to have you soul mate be a human, but if it was, she was definitely mine.
"What are you smiling at?" She smirked, her eyebrows raised.
"You," I said before kissing her.