Dinner

EDEN: She was gorgeous. Lea's brown eyes sparkled in amusement while we ate and talked. I'd seen her before in the woods but never up close. Her wavy long brown hair that she left down shined in the candle light. The way she bit her lip killed me. I captivated by her beauty.

We were in the dining room off the kitchen. The only way in was a small doorway on the right side of the alcove. Unseen by the living room. All that was in this room was a wood table and for chairs. Usually I never ate here but I had company.

"You're not an Emt," she stated as I took a bite of my food.

"How do you figure?" I retorted talking with food in my mouth which amused her.

"One thing is you are too young. No teenager could have gotten through that much school."

"I'm 17!"

"You don't eat like you are," she laughed. I wasn't exactly the neatest when it came eating. Especially with silverware.

"If you knew I wasn't an Emt then why did you stay?" I asked.

"I trust you. I just have this feeling." Was all she said before continuing to eat.

She shouldn't trust me. I've lied about everything. But I couldn't very well tell her the truth or she's call me a lunatic and run the other way. I liked her. I wanted her to like me.

"So, how did you find me?" She asked.

"I was on a walk and I heard you screaming." Liar.

She must have sensed I was lying because she raised her eyebrow.

One question after another we ended up talking about the wolf.

"If you've lived her for a few years then have you seen a wolf around with grey eyes?" She asked. She was definitely interested in the subject.

"Yeah a bit," lie, "it usually runs away from me though."

"She," Lea corrected, "she's a girl. I've observed her for years. Isn't it weird there aren't any others around here? I bet she gets lonely."

"Maybe she likes being alone."

"Possible but unlikely." God she sounded like my parents. "They are very social creatures living in packs."

"We'll keep up your research," I waved off the subject.

This made her raise another eyebrow.

After a while of eating and getting to know each other it was time to bring her home.

"Here's my number,"she said writing something down on a napkin, "I'd like to be friends."

"I'd like that as well," my heart fluttering in my chest, "may I drive you home? So you know where I live from the road. It's late anyway-"

Before I could keep babbling she interrupted with a laugh. "Yes it's dark. I'd rather not walk through the woods."

----------------------------------------------

LEA: we got into her white Chevy truck and pulled down the long winding driveway. Soon we were at the end and before I could tell her which way to go she turned right on the abandoned strip.

"How did you know which way to go?" I asked her raising my eyebrow.

"I uh guessed." She lied. "There's nothing down that other way. Now tell me where to go."

I smiled and gave her directions as the turns came. In less than ten minutes we came to my house.

"Well I'll text you," I said a little disappointed. I didn't want to leave her just yet.

"Yeah please do," Eden said with a frown not looking at me. She was obviously disappointed too.

My parents were up and I didn't want them to get the wrong idea with the truck so I hurriedly got out.

"Bye," I said before running into the house. My heart sinking as she pulled out once I reached the door. Now it was off to deal with my parents.

----------------------------------------------

"Where were you?!" My mother asked rushing over to me and wrapping me up in a huge embrace.

"Mom I'm fine," I said pulling back and looking at her with a smile, "a friend found me out in the woods and we hung out all day. I would have texted you but my phone died." Actually it was in a tree stand.

She seemed to buy it and walked off to the kitchen to get me a glass of milk like she did every night since I was a child.

I walked in behind her and smiled at my beautiful mother.

She was tall and lean, unlike my 5 feet 4 inches. Lillian's mocha brown eyes and tan skin also magnified her beauty. The only reason people said we looked alike was because we shared the same hair and facial features. I got most of my looks from my father. Besides his baldness.

"Is dad gonna be late tonight?" I asked her.

"Yeah sweetie," she frowned, "you know things have been hectic at the office lately. Heshould be home tomorrow night though for dinner and then we'll go to church together finally."

"K mom," I smiled hugging her, "I'm off to bed. Love you."

"Sweet dreams love."

Now I was off to study my notes on the wolf.

**** Lea's picture is up top if anyone was curious what she looked like. Eden was posted in the last****