The Past

Eden: "No stop!" She screeched and giggled, "stop tickling me Baby!"
"Never!" I laughed.
Juliet squealed in delight before breaking away from my hold and jumping off the bed. I got up too and stood in front of her. I then kissed her lips softly, wrapping my arms around her.
"I love you," I told her.
"I love you too," she smiled and scrunched up her nose like she usually did.

I wanted to tell her. I needed to tell her. We've been together for almost 9 months and she didn't even know about me. She thought I was just some girl at school who lived by herself in the woods. She didn't know I had a giant family and lived in a mansion just on the other side of the forest. She didn't know I wasn't human.

"I have to tell you something," I said taking a deep breathe.
"What is it, Baby?" She said, concern filled her blue eyes.
I took her hand and led her out the door. We went only a few yards from the house and I began to strip.
A smirk played across her face, "Babe?"
I brought my finger to her lips to shush her and then began to change.

It was quick and painless. I was well fed and rested so I was done in the matter of minutes. As soon as I was in my wolf form I looked up at her. Horror filled my Juliet's eyes. She backed away slowly and my heart broke. I slowly took a step back trying not to scare her but she flinched.

This didn't go as planned. I know the change itself probably scared the shit out of her. Even though it was smooth and painless for me, it looked rough as my bones broke themselves and rearranged. Only after a few minutes, I changed back. I stood up naked and walked the few steps to her. She was still standing there with terror in her eyes.

"What just happened?" She asked slowly.
"I'm, I'm a werewolf," I stuttered.
"You're not normal," Juliet managed in a shaky voice.
"I know-"
"You're a freak! Oh my god! I dated a freak!" She shouted, getting louder and louder with each word.
"Dated..." I noticed.
"I can't do this, Eden you're not normal."

"Let me explain!" I shouted after her as she walked away.
"Fine." She turned around and looked at me.
I then told her everything. I talked about my family, about the house I lived in, about being born a werewolf, everything. Once I had finished, she looked at me with no emotion and walked away.

"Can I at least give you a ride home?" I asked her.
"You aren't even dressed," my now ex called over her shoulder.
"I love you!" I shouted after her, panicking now.
"It's better to forget," she stopped now and faced me, "don't call me or talk to me in school."

She left me in the woods, naked and crying. Juliet walked home that day never to return to me. It was over with and for her it was like nothing happened when I saw her in school that Monday. I didn't talk to her again and after that I went back to homeschooling. A few months later I had an arranged marriage with Marci. The world went on, but I was a mess on the inside, unable to show it.

Soon after I was engaged to Marci, I broke it off. I left home and lived in the cabin full time. I turned to cigarettes and drugs, locking everything out. Dani visited often, always trying to get me to come back, but it never worked. I might not have been happy, but it was better than being trapped.