Double Oh Shit

Eden: I really didn't see it coming. Yes I knew we weren't in the clear but I didn't expect what happened next to happen.
"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked Lea again for the thirtieth time as we sped to my parents.
"Yes I'm fine," she assured me, putting her hand on my thigh in an attempt to soothe me. I was still worried.
I gave her a smile though and continued focusing on the road.

"What the fuck?" I said looking out my rear view mirror.
A giant black truck was working its way down the road towards us, going way faster than I was and I was definitely surpassing the speed limit.
"Eden!" Lea yelled right before the impact.

Another truck had managed to appear in front of us and we had hit it hard, even after my attempts to slam on the brakes. As the impact occurred, I grabbed Lea and pulled her towards me, trying to shield her and prevent her from getting hurt. I closed my eyes tightly and gritted my teeth waiting for it to be over.

The accident felt like it had gone on for hours but in reality it was seconds.
.2 seconds, slammed on the brakes.
.5 seconds, hit the car.
.6 seconds, grabbed Lea and held her close.
.8 seconds, car started rolling over on it's side.
2.2 seconds, finally came to a stop.
3 seconds, I was able to open my eyes.

"Lea, are you okay?!" Panic filled my voice.
"I'm fine, I'm fine." She said shakily.
I checked her all over just to make sure she was. There was no noticeable damage to her besides a cut on her forehead that was small and not very deep. It bled more than I would've liked it to but it was a head wound so that was to be expected. I was surprised she didn't get even more beat up in the accident. She was human, after all. We were lucky.
----
Lea: Eden grabbed me right as the impact had occurred. I was left uninjured because of her nonhuman reflexes. I couldn't say the same for her though. As she protected me, she ended up with the injuries. Her face and arms were cut and bloody. And there was also a bruise already starting to form on her forehead just above her right eye. I knew she would heal quickly though so there was nothing to be concerned about.

"Shit," Eden swore as she looked out of the broken passenger window. The truck was upside down and we were technically hanging from our seatbelts. But that was not what she was swearing at. The car that had caused the accident and the truck from behind us were 20 yards away on the road. I knew for a fact they were werewolves.

"How are we going to get out of this?" My voice and body began to shake.
"Run when I tell you to. I'll be close behind making sure nobody touches you. The house is three miles straight ahead. I need you to run there as fast as you can. Once you get on the property which is only 1.6 miles away, there will be pack members there that will get you to safety." She said, working my seatbelt loose.
"Baby, don't leave me," I cried.
"I'm not, I'm not," she assured me, kissing my forehead, "I just can't do much in this form. I'm not going anywhere though. I promise."
I finally nodded.

Once she had my seatbelt off, Eden began to work on her own. It was off in seconds.
"Run!" She shouted, her voice strained from already beginning the change.
Her clothes tore as her body manipulated itself. She managed to get out of the truck that way, partly human but partly wolfish. I was mesmerized by it, but soon snapped myself out of it and got out of the car on my own side and sprinted towards the road. Sure enough, I had a grey eyed wolf following close behind.

Eden passed me and headed towards the cars full speed. More pack members of the enemy had shown up, 10 of them, some in wolf form and some in their human shape. She lunged at the humans first. Her teeth sinking into their throats one by one. Of course they tried to fight back with fists and even some knives but she was too quick. Eden was a killing machine. Her body was honed to be the predator. I had a feeling her speed and ability was a result of being an alpha, or next in line technically. They were stronger than their lower ranks weren't they? I assumed it was the same for werewolves as it was regular wolves.

As I sprinted down the road I couldn't help but look behind me every time I heard a yelp fill the air. It wasn't Eden though at any time. She stayed strong and kept giving the damage. There were about six wolves left that I could see.
"Stop looking back, run!" I said to myself, noticing myself getting distracted by the fight going on behind me. I couldn't help it. That was my girlfriend back there.

I ran as fast as I could but there was no way I could keep this up forever. My lungs screamed, and I felt like my mind was swimming and fuzzy due to blood loss from the cut on my forehead. I hoped Eden was okay. She had lost more than me.

Out of no where I was thrown to the ground. Something had come from the side and pinned me down. It was a wolf. A big wolf with thick dark brown fur. I tried to push it off of me but it was no use. I was stuck and this was the end. I was going to be mauled by this animal.

I had closed my eyes, bracing myself for the pain but none came. Within seconds the creature had been ripped from me. Teeth met flesh in a bloody fight. Eden was bigger, not by much, than the wolf that had once been on top of me. It was putting up a good fight though as my girlfriend snapped at it and brawled. Soon she was able to get hold of the animal's throat and tore. There was a gargled whine before the animal fell limp.

Eden paused momentarily and looked at me, breathing heavily. Her dark grey hair was soaked in blood which belonged to both her and the werewolves she killed.
'Get up,' I felt her motion with her eyes. Even now I could still communicate with her easily.

I did as she wanted me to and got up, beginning to run again. This time Eden was close behind me, right on my heals. I ran as fast as I could and she kept pace, not leaving me. I was thankful for that.

Finally after a time, I knew we had reached Eden's property. There were posted signs on the trees but also a feeling of safety. Sure enough, before long, other wolves joined us. This time they weren't a threat. They swarmed us as a protective barrier and I was able to slow down. Eden nudged me though to keep going so I picked up the pace again. We still weren't out of the woods yet.

I saw the house above the trees before anything. Then we were at the fence. Someone must have sent word or something because the gate was open for us. I ran inside it and collapse onto the grass next to the driveway. The gate closed quickly behind everyone.

As I fought through tears and gasps to catch my breathe, Eden came up beside me and nudged her nose up to my face. She began to lick me like a dog would which made me laugh. I sat up and ran my hands through her thick fur. Pulling her close, I kissed her on the forehead. We had made it. We were okay. As I assessed myself, I could only find a few cuts and sore spots but no big injury. Eden though was favoring a back leg though and covered with blood that I believed was some of hers. She was alive though and so was I. We were okay. For now at least.