Secrets

Eden: I need to tell you something....

Lea: what is it?

Eden: just come here okay? I need you.

Lea: on my way. I'll drive over.

Eden: no walk. I'll meet you part way. Ik the path you take.

Lea: okay?

Lea: After getting dressed I walked outside. It was a late Sunday night and I hadn't seen her since yesterday when she dropped me off at home. I was really worried. She's been off lately. I knew something happened.

Looking around it was really dark. 11 at night was not the time to be walking through the woods alone. Just as I was about to start my journey, grey eyes came out of the bushes. She startled me at first, but then I saw the calmness in her eyes and calmed down with her.

It's like she spoke to me before walking off where she came. I knew she wanted me to follow. I trailed right behind but soon she slowed so we were walking side by side. I couldn't believe I was this close to her.

After a few minutes of walking her fur beckoned to me. I reached down and stroked it. All grey eyes did was look up at me, meeting my eyes. I could tell she didn't care if I touched her. She even relaxed a bit more and didn't seem so distant. Even more she reminded me of Eden.

Eden had completely left my mind when the wolf came out of the woods. Now I worried about her again. I hope she was okay. I didn't like seeing her depressed. She didn't talk much about herself or her feelings but it wasn't hard to pick up on them.

Sensing my thoughts wandering, grey eyes took my hand and nuzzled her nose into it making me laugh. Her muzzle was soft like the rest of her body but her nose was cold and wet tickling my skin.

"You're really beautiful," I whispered to her which made her lean on me while she walked.

Part of me actually thinks she was crushing on me. Soon I was laughing and talking to her like she was a person to see her reactions. She wasn't like normal animals. It was almost like she had emotions. I found it interesting. This was great research for my notebook.

"Are we going to Eden's house?" I asked grey eyes, not being able to tell if we were on the right path because of the dark.

She didn't give me any indication she heard what I said but I knew she did. I trusted her and wasn't afraid she'd just lead me to a pack of her friends for them to eat me. She knew where we were going and I felt like Eden would understand if it took a little longer to get to her than expected.

Finally we reached where grey eyes was leading me too. We were in a field located in the middle of the forest. I had never gone this far to this field to notice a shed. The dark brown building was sitting right in the center of the flat plain. I knew it served as a purpose. Eden had put it here. I could tell.

The building wasn't that big but it served its purpose. Whatever that was. On the front was a big double door like a normal shed you found at Lowes, but on the bottom of one of the doors was a small doggy door. I laughed after realizing it was for the wolf.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked grey eyes.

Looking at me she gave me a slow blink Which I knew meant to wait.

She then walked through the doggy door and walked back out a few moments later with something in her mouth. They were clothes, jeans and a tee-shirt like Eden would wear.

Puzzled, I just stared at her questioningly.

Again she gave me that slow blink.

Seconds later she looked as if she was in pain. Then her body jerked and bent in ways that wasn't natural for a wolf. This made me give a little shriek but I watched in astonishment.