Oh Shit

Eden: The next few days were uneventful. I stayed home and got work done while Lea went to school and focused on studying. Winter was rounding down to an end and only a few more months of school remained. We texted and talked on the phone but did not hang out.

I was working on my car again when o got a text from Lea. It was only 11 and she was at school since it was a Thursday.
Lea: There are a bunch of boys here today that I've never seen before. They keep following me in the halls. Could it be Dillon's pack?
Eden: Hold in there and get through the day. Just stay away from them and ignore them. They can't hurt you in school.

This concerned me. I knew for a fact it had to be Dillon's pack. I just didn't know why a bunch of them were at her school. Were they planning something? Were they going to go after Lea? I needed to pick her up after school and make sure she got home safe. She's be safer at my place but I knew she needed to study.

I went back to working on the truck. A few minutes later though I began to panic. Pictures of her bloody and lifeless kept flashing into my head. Her being surrounded and hurt scared the shit out of me. There was a possibility of her getting hurt. Lea was in danger. My girlfriend was in danger. I felt it.
Eden: Lea, I'm coming to get you. Be ready.
I didn't wait for an answer before closing the hood of my truck and getting in.

I was almost at the school when I checked my phone. No answer from her. It had been ten minutes.
"Fuck," I whispered under my breath as I threw my phone onto the seat. As I pulled into the parking lot, the hair on the back of my neck stood on end.

There were wolves. At least ten of them. I could smell them with the windows closed. Lea was inside the school with ten wolves. I needed to get the hell in there before something happened. The panic was rising as I got out and tried to call Lea on my phone. No answer.
"Shit, shit, shit," I whispered.

I needed to get into the school without raising suspicion. If I just walked through the front door I wasn't going to get anywhere. I knew the school had security. Every school did. Lea's happened to have locked doors, cameras on all the entrances, and an office that you would have to go through if you were a visitor. I began to freak.

Dialing a number in my phone, I had an idea. If this worked, I would definitely owe a few people. A few rings went by before someone answered.
"Eden?" A honey sweet voice on the other end said.
"Juliet, I need your help," I said, tears forming in my eyes.
"What's wrong? What's going on?" She asked. My ex knew I wouldn't be calling her if something wasn't up.
"Lea is in danger. I need to get into the school before something happens."
"Eden, what's going on. Tell me."
"There's another pack and I think they're going to try and go after Lea. They're in the school." At this point, my voice was breaking. I was scared.
"Okay, I have an idea," she said. Juliet always knew what to do.

Her plan was pretty good. First, I sprinted away from the school and rounded it, far enough away not to be seen by teachers or students until I reached where I needed to go. Lea said just find the scent of her old perfume. I knew exactly what that smelled like. Pomegranate and sage. I would just have to follow that scent to her where she'd be waiting with an open window.

"Hey," I breathed after finding her and sprinting hard to the side of the building, "nice plan."
"It's not a nice plan until you find your girlfriend." She said, "come on, follow me. I'll help you."
"Wait," I said stopping her. I had some things I needed to say. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for all that happened. I'm sorry for placing so much on you. I'm sorry for turning away. I'm sorry for being a douche anytime I did see you. I was hurting. It took me a long time to move on."
"I'm the one who should be sorry." Juliet said, looking down at the floor, tears prickled her eyes, "I left you. I panicked. I did love you, Eden."

"What happened doesn't matter anymore," I said, putting my hand on her shoulder and looking her in the eyes. "I have Lea. I'm okay. I'm not hurting."
"We need to find her," she said looking away.

It was the middle of a period so the hallways were desolate. I had never actually been inside the school but I wasn't impressed. It was like any other school. Red lockers, light blue tile floors, white walls and ceiling. There were a few banners and posters hanging around but other than that, the place was bare.

Juliet and I ran through these halls now together. She led me out into the main hall from the classroom we had been in but now I led us, picking out Lea's scent among the students and wolves. I had gotten used to that scent even more than I had Juliet's so it wasn't hard.
"The gym!" Juliet exclaimed, her ice eyes widening, "we're going towards the gym."

All of the sudden, I felt pain radiate through my body.
"Lea," I gasped.
I ran faster through the halls, not waiting for Juliet to catch up. I didn't need her at this point. I didn't want her to follow. She would be in danger if she did.
"Don't follow me!" I yelled back, "I don't want you to get hurt!"

Seconds later, I bursted through the double doors of the gym. The lights were dimmed and no class was going on but 11 guys gathered in a circle. They were surrounding someone on the floor. Dillon's pack had Lea surrounded. I could smell the fear on her from here.

"Get away from her!" I growled, running towards them. Fists met flesh and teeth we bared. In a blur, I threw people around. Most of them were bigger than me but I was stronger. I was an alpha, or had the strength of one at least. Some of the men got a few hits in and I fell to the ground. Managing to get back up though, I swung.

Once I had a break in the fighting, I scooped Lea up in my arms and took off through the doors leading to the outside basketball court. I didn't care if anyone saw or cameras were around. I needed to get her out of there. I sprinted full force to my truck in the parking lot. In seconds I had her in the passenger seat and flung the car out of the parking lot.

"Baby," I said, grabbing her hand and glancing towards her, still trying to keep my eyes on the road.
She was curled in a ball, fighting back sobs.
"Were you bit? Were you scratched?" I asked, trying not to show the panic in my voice.
"No," she said weakly, "they didn't have time."
-----
Lea: I was called down to the office from class. I hadn't thought much of it so I got up from my desk and did as I was told. I didn't realize that I wasn't actually going to be going to the office.
As I turned a corner, I was grabbed. Two arms pulled at me and I was dragged a few yards to the gym. There they were, the boys that I had seen before. 10 of them. The one who grabbed me pushed me forward and I fell to the ground. At that point they surrounded me.

"Let's have some fun," one of them said putting his hands together. There were scars on his face.
"We're allowed to do anything to her, boss said," another with a shaved head spoke.
Boss? Was that Dillon? What were they going to do? I was panicking. 'I'm gonna die,' I thought to myself. I was not going to get through this. I'm going to die in this damn gym. I couldn't think straight as they moved in closer to me. I was so scared, sweat began to form on my skin.

That's when Eden burst through the doors. The pack actually seemed surprised to see her. They didn't expect to deal with her today, at least not here.
"Get away from her!" I heard her say before she took off toward me. Soon chaos erupted. Everyone jumped at Eden, trying to grab her or just punch. They would've had her but she was too fast and strong. There might have been more of them than there were her but she knew how to fight multiple opponents.

Before I knew it, Eden and I were flying through the doors. She had me close to her chest as we ran to what I could only assume was her truck. It didn't take long for her to get to the car, start the engine, and speed out of there. The whole time, I fought to catch my breath.
"Are you okay?" She kept asking me, as well as other questions.

Finally I had calmed down and was able to assure her I was fine, just shaken. Now that she was there though, I felt safe. Eden was my protector and no one could touch me with her around.
"Where are we going?" I asked, trying to change the subject from the events that had just occurred.
"My parent's," she said, as we sped down the road through the woods.