More danger

Eden: A month later it snowed. Little flurries building up to one big storm. Lea spend the night during the blizzard. The wind was whirling While the fire warmed us.

"I love the snow," Lea said, looking up at me as we snuggled on the couch.
"I like the way it clings to my fur," I said looking at the fire, which made her laugh.
"My wolfy," she laughed, messing up my hair while she pet me like a dog.

What snapped us right out of our laughing was a loud noise on the left side of the cabin.
"What was that?" Lea whispered, her eyes wide.
"Could be an animal," I lied, "the wood pile is over there. Sounded like a few pieces toppled. I'll go look though."

"Lock the door when I'm out," I said, putting on my boots to go outside.
"Why?" She asked, "I thought it was just an animal."
"I just want to be sure and keep you safe," I answered her, giving her a reassuring smile.

Looking out the front window, I saw the snow fall. It wasn't as bad as it had been but you still couldn't see more than ten feet in front of you. The wind was also blowing making the snow come at an angle. I could tell it would be cold. But it wouldn't be too hard for a fight.

I walked out the door while Lea slowly shut it and locked it behind me. Rounding the corner I saw the same guy who tried hurting Lea the night of the date. I knew he'd be out here. Could smell him from inside.

"Told you to stay off my Land," I said, standing up taller.
Smiling he looked up, "your bitch inside? I know that smell. Bet you've gotten to fuck her. She a screamer?"
"Don't you talk about Lea," I growled, lunging at him.

Soon two other males were on me. Tear me off my prey. I didn't see them because of the snow and they must have been down wind the whole time. I was also focussed on Dillon. They held me by the arms while Dillon pounded me in the stomach and face. Soon the blood was running from a cut on my cheek.

"These," he grinned, stepping back and calmly pacing, obviously teasing me, "these are my brothers, part of my pack. There's more of us. We just wanted to talk. To tell you what's coming."
Pausing, he looked at me. "You messed with the wrong family. But that's not the only reason we're going after you. My brother was just a scout. Thing is you have something we want. Your land. Allies are coming over and we're taking over."
This was the feeling father had. Others are coming. And they want our land.

Anger raging, I snapped, ripping my arms from Dillon's brothers' grasps, I managed to get one in a head lock.
Backing up with him vulnerable, I sneered, "get out of here or I'll snap his neck. I've done it before."

The brother I had was smaller than the others. My brothers age. He was skinny with shaggy black hair and dark eyes that I couldn't make out what color they were. He was scrawny being the youngest. And easy to grab.

The other two backed up. Obviously shocked at my strength. Dillon's other brother's dark blue eyes were wide. He was the oldest and definitely the stronger of the two. But Dillon was smarter. Their hair was the same shade. But the oldest had longer.

"Okay," he said speaking up, his voice soft.
Dillon looked at him in shock.
"We came here just to talk and that's what we did, now let's leave," he said looking at Dillon.
"Fine," Dillon snarled.

The two ran off into the woods. Keeping my word, I threw the youngest down into the snow. Soon they were off and out of sight. The snow coming down obscured my vision. I closed my eyes and smelled the air. Only the three, and all off the property.

After I was sure they weren't coming back, I went inside. Lea was there in an instant. Running into my arms.
"Dillon, and the other boys," she gasped through tears, "they beat you. I thought they were gonna kill you and then come after me."
"Babe," I sighed smiling, "I told you it was all going to be okay. Now could you clean me up?"

Two minutes later we were in the bathroom while she cleaned the cut on my face. After it was clean I got the first aid kit from Lea and stitched up the wound with her watching intently. She didn't even flinch as the needle went through my skin. I could tell she would make a good healer for the pack. She learned quick.

While the blizzard still ragged outside, we slept. We slept with her in my arms and the door locked. The door was locked so it gave Lea reassurance. She was anxious at first but the exhaustion took over. I stayed up for a bit longer, listening to the storm. I knew I needed to hurry up and face my father. I needed Lea safe. I didn't know how we were gonna manage that with her family but we'd find a way around them. They're fine, but she isn't. She was my mate and Dillon knew that.

**** sorry it took so long. I've been sick and in a lot of pain. Was at the hospital twice and more at the doctors. I'm getting better though. Just a bad infection. I'll be back to writing. Not every day because I have to catch up on school but I will write. Thanks for all the likes and thanks for reading.****