School

Lea: Lucky for me, Dillon and many others that I suspected were werewolves like Eden, had not been in school since the incident a while back. I was glad for this and I could focus on my studies like nothing was going on, in school at least. When I was here I was normal, outside of these walls was a different story.

Since the visit with Eden's parents, my girlfriend had begun stressing over what she said would be a coming way. I wasn't anxious over this but I knew I should've been. If something happened as bad as Eden was preparing for, there would be problems.
--
"Hey," a girl said breaking me out of my trance. I was at my locker about ready to go to lunch.
The girl standing before me was thin with straight blonde hair and very light blue eyes.
"You're Lea, right?" She said with a soft smile.
"Uhm yes," I answered. "Do I know you?"
"I don't think so but my name is Juliet," the girl told me, "I dated Eden a while back."

All the sudden I stood up straighter and got very defensive. This girl was Eden's ex. The one she was madly in love with who left her in the dust because she couldn't handle what Eden really was. I was also jealous thinking that Juliet had been with Eden. I didn't like to think of my sweet baby with anyone else besides me, even though I knew she had a history with girls and was even engaged before.

Noticing my change in body language, Juliet backed up.
"I just wanted to talk," she said, putting her hands out either to calm me or protect herself.
"What about?" I snapped, sounding harsher than I meant to.
"Eden." Her eyes softened, "I just wanted to tell you things about Eden. When she gets upset she tends to block everyone out and become distant. She's also weary of people so since it seems like you've gained her trust, don't lose it. It's hard to gain back. Just take care of her okay? And if you need any help id be glad to give you advice."

"You? Give me advice?" I said. My voice getting louder with every word making her shrink. I was glad no one was around or I would have been drawing a crowd. "I don't need help with Eden, thank you very much. And I don't plan on ever losing her trust like you did. Do you know how much you hurt her? No what, it doesn't matter. I don't need any advice. Eden and I are doing just fine, probably better than you and her ever were."

With the last sentence, I stormed off. I had had enough and didn't even look back to see how Juliet reacted. I usually wasn't this rude but for some reason the girl back there angered me more than anyone ever had. A girl I barely knew had made me hate her with only a few words and I had no clue why.

To calm myself down, I went to the bathroom. I just stood there in front of the mirror resting on my arms with my hands gripping the sides of the sink. My hands were white from my death grip but my face was beat red with the anger inside me. Tears were stinging my eyes and for the life of me, I could not figure out exactly what was wrong.

Why was I mad at Juliet? A girl I didn't even know. Why did I hate her so much? Was I jealous of what she and Eden had? I didn't know much about them since Eden barely talked about past events but I knew she had cared for her ex greatly for a long time. Yes they had history but I have the present, so why was I so angry?