Chapter Twenty-Seven-Sorority

***

Rita shivered.

Despite the lateness of the hour, guards were everywhere.

~~~

She wore a white nightgown.  In her mind, the dark shadows of the past fractured. It was something that caused her to see the glowing I-phone 6's screen on the bureau in her dorms.

Other girls were going to pay to stay next semester.

And, when she heard the howls that came from outside, she opened the front door. Ami, and her boyfriend Tyler, smiled, as they kissed on the porch of Delta Delta Delta house.

"Okay, why're you two not in a Motel?", she asked.

"It's booked solid", Ami answered.

"Yeah".

"Well, you two can crash here. But, I think we need a new House Mom since the last one was killed".

"Killed".

"Yeah, it was over the Internet".

"Oh, we we're busy", Ami smirked.

"Yeah, well, I don't think the girls are here. But I will be in my room upstairs. I got the keys. I spoked to the Sheriff, and they're gonna patrol the sorority. You two can have fun. But at Midight, the blood gushes".

"What", Todd said.

"Just a saying in these parts. See you all soon. Oh, the keys!". And, as she gave it to them, they grabbed their suitcases...and begun to walk down the hallway...And headed to Room 4...which was to the middle left of the sorority house.

~~~

Rita locked all of the windows and doors.

She didn't care it was early; she cared about everything.

Ami stared at the room.

"I hope that everything's good. Becasue I won't you to know if a psycho is on the loose. And Louisiana is bad".

"Is it your thing...?", he asked.

"No", she answered.

And, then, as they flicked on the light...the howling wind died down.

***

The bed was huge.

And so was the red curtains that were tattered.

"I don't think this sorority cares about taste", Ami told him. She walked atound, "...See, you can't believe...".

"What?".

"Something is out of kilter".

"Maybe...".

And then they saw the clown lying on the middle of the bed...with an axe in its left hand. It was watching them.

And it shifted upward...

...And, in one violent swing, it brought the weapon downward with his red gloved, right, hand...until they screamed in horror.

~~~

Page 28.