Chapter Eight-A second long night

Picture of a Lousiana scarecrow as depicted in my books 'Scream of the Scarecrow', but they return in 'The Evil Inside'; and Robert Bloch's 'Psycho II', 1982, audiobook, right in the media section. Warning: It is rated R for strong violence, sex references, coarse language, and strong adult themes. You must be 18 years and over to hear it.

***

The scarecrows at Dearing Farm swayed in the northerly breeze. They were killed by teenagers. Yes, the story was supernatural; yes, I shivered.

Yet, my story didn't believe in the supernatural. Because there wasn't ghosts to force out; there were just psycho killers.

It was just the beginning.

And, for me, that was what happened.

***

I awoke from the dream.

It was 4:00 AM.

I stared at the black skies; I stared at the black moon. It didn't glow; it never glowed. Because, in Louisiana, the glow was obscured by the eerie swamplands.

We were sleeping off the previous night's horror. The slow darkness was irritating. It meant that, in three hours' time, the sight of the sunlight would arrive on time.

No time to gather errant thoughts; no time to scream at the House Mother. No time. I knew what was going to happen.

If the psycho with the butcher knife returned...I've behead the fucker...

...And that was a promise.

***

Vickie opened her eyes.

She flicked on the lamp.

Once the light illumed, her blue eyes focused on the window. The temperature was 61 degrees. She covered her nightgown with both hands; she covered her breasts.

The other girls also yawned.

Alison greeted her.

"I was gone not that long".

"I hoped we're safe".

"We are".

"How do you know? It is intolerable. And Silvia, Zara, and Hilare are getting pissed. They were hiding their boyfriends under their fucking bed. And they were having sex quietly. Quietly! It's not going to be...".

"Let's have some breakfast. Then we'll do something".

And Vickie grinned.

***

The Food Hall was very full of sorority girls.

A silver colored chandelier was in the middle of the room; green drapes surrounded the arched walls; the Delta Delta Delta campus, (which was around for a long time), was now full. In the past, the demonic possession of girls caused a sensational impact on everyone; in the future, occult, supernatural, and paranormal activities were banned.

And, in its place, was the old school horrors that seeped into the Internet feeds; apps; and other social media places, in which horror stories could thrive.

***

"I told her not to go there", Silvia said.

"She was going there", Zara added.

"In the evil house?", Hilare piped in.

"Yes!",Silvia said.

***