Giyu || Joy (fluff)

This will have fluffys and I have no clue how long it will be but I'm still watching demon slayer and reading the manga so cut me some slack if I get some things wrong 😅

-
-
-

It was a normal afternoon, you had been heading back from a mission. When you returned you saw your fellow pillars lined up in front of master, bowing deeply.

"Master." You stayed where you were and crouched down, placing your right knee on the ground and bowing to him.

"Welcome back, my child. How was your mission?" His voice calmed you as you responded.

"It went well, master. There were no casualties and everyone is safe now. No higher ranked demons appeared though out the night, only the weak ones. The woman who had requested me had given me a gift as a thanks and I was wondering if you would like to share it with me." You replied, your voice soft out of repeat for the man in front of you.

"I would like that very much. Come closer." He smiled softly at you as you stood and walked over to him, this time kneeling in front of him and bowing.

"You have done a beautiful job my child. Please, feel free to join me for dinner and bring the gift the woman gave you." He smiled down at you once again as you nodded.

"I will accompany you to your quarters afterwards as well, master." You stood up and bowed to him before standing to the side to wait for him to finish his speech.

After he had finished he softly gestured for you to follow him, which you gladly did. Sooner or later you had both arrived at his quarters and were seated with your hands in your lap on the floor.

"What was it that you had to tell me child?" He said, his smile never fading.

This shocked you, you hadn't mentioned anything about wanting to tell him anything. So how did he know you had something to say? How did he know-

"I can tell by your posture, you seem uneasy. What is it, my child?" He said, his voice as calm as it was before.

You took a deep breathe before continuing.

"He was there." Silence filled the room after your words.

"I could sense his presence. The air reeked of death. It was him, I know it was." Your head hung low.

"Did he make an appearance?" Your masters calm words filled the room, but you could sense that your words had unnerved him.

"No. Like I said, there were no strong or challenging demons, only he small weak ones. Even if he did, I wouldn't have been able to defeat him. I still have to train harder if I want to beat him." Your voice was soft.

"Do not doubt yourself. You are, out of all of the pillars, one of the only ones who would even get close to defeating him. Do not doubt yourself, you are strong." He leaned forward slightly and placed a gentle hand on your shoulder.

"Thank you, master. Shall I escort you to your room?" You looked up and corrected your posture.

"No need, my child. You can head back now. We shall speak more of this tomorrow. Unless, you are planning on going on another mission?" He spoke, smiling once again.