Giyuu || Hanahaki, my dear. (angst)

Thank you for requesting this @Lilsushicinnamonroll! I've never written about the Hanahaki disease before but I've always found it fascinating for some reason. I hope you enjoy this Giyuu x dying!pillar!hanahaki disease!reader.
Thank you for requesting!

-
-
-

There he was. Talking and laughing away with your best friend, the insect pillar. You watched as they shared a delicate kiss, holding each other after but soon departing ways.

"Y/N, you seem like you're lost in thought." You heard a gentle voice next to you. It was her.

"Ah, yeah I've just been thinking about my next mission. That's all." You say, scratching the back of your head.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

'You asking me that makes me feel worse. Please, go away.' You thought to yourself.

"Yes, I'm sure." You smile at her. She nodded and walked away.

That's when you felt the sudden urge to throw up. You rushed to a nearby bush and threw up, closing your eyes tightly and the abnormal pain you felt. You breathed heavily and panted for air afterwards.

But when you opened your eyes you were terrified. Terrified to see the bloody roses that scattered themselves across the dirt floor, the thorns that stuck out from the sides and the blood that dropped from the corner of your mouth.

"What the..." You stepped back in horror as you realised what had happened.

'The hanahaki disease.' You thought, tears gathering in your eyes as you covered your mouth in a poor attempt to hush your loud sobs.

You knew exactly who it was for. He was the only one who never ever returned the feelings. They were unrequited, which made your heart ache.

The next few weeks were terrible, you had to go on missions only to end up throwing up in some bushes. At this point the thorns had ripped at your throat, your voice becoming hoarse and you struggle to breathe and talk as it hurt too much.

The other pillars had asked you numerous amounts of times whether you were okay or not but you always lied. You always said that you were fine but in reality you were literally dying.

You hadn't told a single soul, not even your best friend or her boyfriend who was the exact reason this was happening to you. Even he asked what was wrong but you lied to him too.

You had noticed how the water pillar had started to care for you more, this made you angry. If he cared so much why was he only hear when he realised there was something wrong? Why was he only there when you didn't want him to be there?