Good and Bad

BRIE’S P.O.V

I woke up and looked at my red neon lighted alarm clock. It was currently beeping like a banshee, and I was set on ignoring it as if I was deaf.

But, a smile found my face when a nettled, closed eyed, half naked Colby walked in my room and turned off my alarm. Yet, he didn’t stop there, oh no, instead of walking out of my room, he got in my bed.

His warm arm looped around my waist and pulled me closer to him, all with this eyes still shut.

“What are you doing?” I asked with a smile on my face as his bare chest was smashed up against my plain pink T.

“Don’t talk, you have morning breath,” Colby murmured and then rested his head on the nape of my neck.

I suddenly started to feel his hot breath fan my cold collarbone. It made me very aware that he was here in my bed, and I wasn’t dreaming. My mind couldn’t help but think of how good this felt, for someone to be in my bed next to me, and holding me. All in all, I had a safe, content feeling flood through me.

With Colby’s head on my shoulder / neck, I could only look forward, which made me stare out of the window by my bed.

It wasn’t sunny out, just yet, due to the time only being five thirty in the morning. I sighed knowing the sun wouldn’t be out for another thirty minutes. I did, however see the clouds were a light blue color, indicating that the sun was coming up out of the horizon.

“Brie, go back to sleep,” Colby mumbled and he snuggled more into my neck.

I giggled because when Colby talked, because his breath tickled my collarbone.

“I think we should get up,” I stated.

Colby gripped me tighter as he whispered in my ear, “Brie Banny, I hereby refuse to get out of this bed unless the clock has hit twelve in the afternoon. After all, we aren’t going to school today.”

I smiled, “oh and why not?”

“Because you owe me a date.”

“I do?” I naively replied, knowing he was right.

Colby moved his head back, making my shoulder and neck suddenly become cold. Part of me wanted to lean in and have him resume his head on my collarbone, but I was having too much fun playing innocent.

“Yes, you do. After all, you ditched me for your secret boyfriend.”

I allowed a confused expression fall on my face. “Huh?”

“Oh come on, don’t think I don’t know you are dating Mason, while dating me. You need to know that won’t fly with me ... so after our date I need you to pick, me or him.”

I was seconds from scratching my head because I was so bemused. “You ... I am so confused ... you ... you think I’m dating Mason ... and you?”

Colby nodded.

Just then I started laughing at his stupidity. “Colby, I am not dating him!”

Colby leaned in and pecked my lips, “whatever you say.”

With that said he snuggled closer to me and put his head back on my shoulder.

I laid there for all of a second before I pushed Colby away a little. “Colby, I am serious, I am not dating you and Mason at the same time! I went ... to a meeting with him yesterday, not a date.”

Colby gave me a smirk, “I know there was no meeting, Brie.”

I felt like a stack of bricks had just been placed on my chest, air left my body, and my head started to spin. “W-what do you mean when you say ... ‘I know there was no meeting’?”

“I have my ways,” Colby told me with a crooked smile.

My mind started to go ninety to nothing due to the fact that I realized it was Colby ... Colby was the guy that sat behind Mason at the diner ... Meaning Colby knows Mason is gay...

Wait, if Colby is the guy that followed us, and he knows Mason is gay ...  Why would Colby be insisting I was dating Mason ... right?...

“D-did ... did you follow us?” I questioned with a slight bit of anger seeping into my voice.

“No, why would I do something like that?!”

I gave him a skeptical look.

“I am dead serious, when you guys left I sat on the couch and watched some reality TV. I just put two and two together, and figured you are going out with him.”

“Colby, I can promise you, I am not going out with him, and plus, you’re the one I like.”

Colby stared at me in the eye for a second, “so you aren’t dating him?”

I shook my head.

“You’ve never been with him?”

“… No, Colby, I haven’t.”

Colby nuzzled his head more into my neck and then mumbled, “good.”

But it was just then that a horrid feeling feel over me, for today at school was going to be the day that Mason told the lie about how me and him have slept together ... what if Colby hears it? He will think I just lied...

Guess its a good thing we aren’t going to school today, because then maybe, just maybe, he won’t get wind of the rumor that I was slowly regretting to have accepted...

<><><><><><><><><>

Edited By: Victoria (aka pcgeeksquadgirl)