Chapter 21

Who's the most unreliable author in the world? Sorry guys, I must write it down somewhere to not forget about this (if someone is still reading this)

Enjoy!

After some time, [Y/N] didn't know how long, things get back to normal. Well, "normal". It would be normal if [Y/N] wasn't here. Since when is she in Subcon?

[Y/N] hasn't seen the sun a long time. So she can't oriented how long she's in this magical forest. But she assumed that it's more than a month. Maybe two months.

When she one day again came back to the heart of Subcon, Dwellers were floating away from her. A thorn of fault burrowed deeply into her. She ignored that. Like every time.

"Heya! Essea back!" she yelled and waved her arms with a smile on her face.

"Welcome back, Buttercup. Any new news?" asked Moonjumper and stroked her hair.

"Nothing og. just rescue another luned. She was really slim. thought that wind esse captured her."

"You know, that's a different construction. She's like Ferrari and you're Tatra 148."

"Come on!" [Y/N] laughed, she's already accustomed to his raillery. "I don't have that big arse!"

Yep, everything was fine and great. At least for them. Snatcher... well that's a totally different chapter. He felt weaker from day to day. He attributed it to that painful cut of that little brat. She hurt him more deeply than he expected. But that wasn't the only one bad new. Subcon was changing. He felt that. It's getting pretty cold here.

Snatcher thought that there isn't somebody worse than a Hattie. He thought wrong. And now, he was a little bit happy of Hattie's company. He could forget for some time what is happening in his forest. It's been a nice days while they lasted. Then came Hattie with something that changed everything...

"Snatcher?" Hattie entered his mushroom home pulling a big bag after her. "I found something, you need to see."

"What's that?" Snatcher put his book on a small table and floated closer to Hattie. He hissed from the pain from his wound, a little gift from [Y/N]. 'I swear, I will kill that girl from Nowhere slowly and painfully.'

"I found it while I was going to your home. I really don't know what is going on."

Hattie said and turned the bag upside down. The bag's content spilled on the rug. Snatcher gasped. His eyes narrowed. He picked up one of that things and started to inspect that. It wasn't a replica just to make him afraid. On one side was still a blood. Then he got that. All of that what is happening with him and the forest all the time. And realized, what that girl is doing.

"She's going to kill us everyone."

Everything started to change. And the good times have gone...

When [Y/N] woke up from her fast nap to gain some energy, she realized that with Moonjumper was something wrong. His always bright eyes were shinning a less than usual. The hands were slightly shaking which caused the jangling of chains.

"Hey, ess everything okay?" she asked although she knew the answer. He didn't look like someone who was okay. "What es va on?"

"I...I don't know, Buttercup." he sighed. "Do you know when I said that I felt like something was wrong with me?"

A nodding.

"Now I feel more weaker than I've ever been. My powers... They... They've..."

"Gone?" [Y/N] asked quietly. She couldn't believe that. In her eyes he was still something like undefeated entity. Like her best friend with who she can share every her feels and tempers. Of course, in Alpine Skyline she has a friends. But Moonjumper... he was different.

"No. I still have them but not that strong like before. Like, now it's really hard for me to do a simple teleportation whcih I was doing flawlessly. Something's wrong. Wrong with this place and me. Subcon is changing. Ever since you've arrived here. It's getting pretty cold down here."

[Y/N] tilted her head. Yes, she knew that something is not right. But what? A memories on her last actions flooded her mind. With a shake of her head she threw them away. She won't attribute that to her decisions. She don't wanted.

"What do taedh mean by that? Ess het good na neén?"

Moonjumper sighed and turned his head against a cold wind. He's never been cold like that before.

"I don't know, Buttercup. I know only one thing. The winter season's coming..."