Chapter 9

"Okay, [Y/N] we're here."

Girl jumped from the brench to a ground. Strings that were wrapped around her body have gone.

Because [Y/N] kept falling from the trees, Moonjumper started to worry that one time he won't react fast and catch her so [Y/N]'d end dead or minimally with three fractures. So he wrapped around her his strings and when [Y/N] fell, both will have an assurance, that she won't die.

[Y/N] gasped. In front of her was standing the biggest tree that she ever seen. On his branches were blooming beautiful glowing flowers.

On every bough was lounging at least one very strange creature. It has body like a worm and it has wearing a mask.

"Dwellers," Moonjumper explained. "They didn't talk much they are very separate."

Some of dwellers climbed down from the tree and floated closer to the [Y/N]. They silently inspected her. [Y/N] felt a little bit nervous and uncomfortable.

---

If someone crept up to a big tree on which are blooming big glowing flowers, he'd saw a very strange crew. He would saw a girl that had torn apart clothes and a scratches on her skin. He would saw her surrounded by a mysterious creatures with peculiar masks. Then he would saw another creature in medieval clothes and with chains on his wrists. He would saw like creatures are inspecting a girl and then they are again climbing up to a tree. But this couldn't saw no one. No one is enough brave to go in the heart of Subcon.

---

"That...was...a beag bit weird."

"They are just mistrustful. But you didn't make a bad impression. Actually they don't know what they can think about you for now."

"So... I just need to wait and don't make mischievousness to them?"

Moonjumper nodded.

"And don't tear off their masks. They look like kind creatures but do some malice to them and... well it's really disgust. But if you want to hear it so, they'll..."

"Waitwaitwaitwait! I don't wanna heard that. Really." [Y/N] quickly interrupted him. "Also, why are we here?"

"Oh yes, barriers. You said that they are restricting us. But I have something that can help."

He gave her one of the dweller's mask.

(I was bored)

"Normally it's just showing you things that you can't see. But I improved it. With this you can walk through barriers."

"How did you do that?" [Y/N] gasped taking it.

"As I said every creature in this forest is magical. And they have magical powers."

"Esseath a daerienn!"

"What?"

"You are a...eh."

Moonjumper could saw on [Y/N]'s face how hard she thinked.

"Like that guys that are spelling. And do very epic magic stuff." [Y/N] tried to explain. "And in almost every movies they have a pointy hat."

"You mean wizards?"

[Y/N]'s face brightened.

"Wizards! That's what I wanted to say!"

Moonjumper laughed.

"You are so funny, girl." he took a deep breath to calm down and wiped a tear. "Between me and typical wizards is one difference. While wizards gained power from their body. I am dependent on these." with his hand he inherited the dwellers on tree.

[Y/N]'s jaw fell.

"What? Like when they gone, your powers...that strings or what else do you can...esse gone too? Esseath neén worrying that Snatcher would abuse it?"

"No, he has it same. He's gained power from one half of dwellers, from the other I. And no, you can't find out which is which. It's one hundred percent sure that one of these are from Snatcher." he looked at dwellers that were chilling on tree. "But they don't like him."

---

If someone sneaked up to a big flourishing tree, he would saw two creatures. He would saw that one has a lot of dwellers on himself and he was petting them. He would saw a girl that has as much scratches as the first has dwellers. He would saw like she was trying to pet the dwellers too but they were shy away from her. But that can't saw nobody. The heart of Subcon was hidden very well.

Wow this was longer that I thought.