Chapter Eleven: New Clanmates

I have been training in Dark Forest for the past three nights. My training in Thunderclan has been falling apart so I intent to train harder. Ether because I kept getting it mixed up with some other Dark Forest battle move or I was too tired.

     "Hurry Redpaw! Graystripe and Cinderheart are waiting for us!" Ivypaw said impatiently.

     "Okay, okay don't bite my head off," I sighed.

     I got up and groomed bits and pieces of moss out of my fur. I could hear murmuring and whispering outside of the den.

     Better go see what it is.

     I walked out of the apprentice's den and saw that everyone's gazes were on a dark grey tom with black tints to his flanks and a white and ginger she-cat and they seemed a little older than us.

     "Please, you have to help her!" The she-cat begged. 

     A very light grey she-cat with a white tail about my, Dovepaw's, and Ivypaw's age, was coughing uncontrollably and a dark grey she-cat was standing over her daughter.

     Jayfeather hurried towards the she-cats and rubbed his paw along her back.

     "She has Greencough," He reported to Firestar.

     "What is Greencough?" The sick she-cat's mother asked shakily.

     "I'm so sorry Clove but it is a deadly sickness," Jayfeather dipped his head.

     Clove gasped among with some cats from Thunderclan.

     "Will Snowy survive?' The dark grey tom asked.

     "I don't know. I will try to heal her the best I can," Jayfeather said before picking up Snowy by the scruff and heading towards the medicine cat den.

     Clove, Firestar, and Brambleclaw walked into the den as well and disappeared into the den.

     Whoa! Poor Snowy.

     I glanced at the dark grey tom and the white and ginger she-cat. I decided to walk over to them. I padded towards her and they looked up to me with scared amber and green eyes.

     "Hi I'm Redpaw," I introduced myself.

     "I-I'm Autumn," The she-cat stuttered.

     "Don't be afraid Autumn. Jayfeather is a great medicine cat and doesn't fail," I encouraged Autumn.

"I'm Night," The dark grey tom said.

     Before I could reply, Dovepaw popped out from behind me.

     "Hi! I'm Dovepaw!" She said happily.

     "Uh hi. I'm Autumn and my brother is Night," Autumn introduced.

     They are related? But they don't look anything alike! I entered Nights mind and I could feel a trace of guilt. What would he be guilty about?

     "So what do you all do in the clan?" Autumn said.

      "We all hunt, fight for the clan, and stay loyal the Warrior Code," Ivypaw explained.

     "Once you are a warrior, it's like the best thing in the world!" Dovepaw bounced.

     "Whoa that's great!" Night commented.

     "I don't like hurting other cats. I mean I would if I had to but I can't hurt them," Autumn said, embarrassed.

     "I wonder if Jayfeather could take you as a medicine cat apprentice," I wondered out-loud.