Chapter Six: Freeing the water

It was a few days since Rippletail's death and we were all fully healed, thanks to Whitetail. I looked across the pool of water to see beavers working on the dam, ignoring us. 

     I turned my head away from the scene and looked at a pair of amber eyes staring at me.

     "Woody?" I said his name and he came out of the bushes.

     "Hello Redpaw. I see that you've gone to fight the beavers. Didn't free the water yet?" The brown loner asked.

     "N-no actually we need help. One of the warriors died." I choked on the word 'died'.

     Pictures of Rippletail's death roamed in my head.

     "Well sorry to hear that. If you all need help then why didn't you say so? I'll be back in a few minutes."

     The brown tom whisked away to the bushes and into the Twolegplace. I let my mind wonder about what was happening in the Twolegplace.

     Woody was running towards a large brick house and leaped up the fence. A small white she-cat with green eyes looked at him and said,"Hey Woody! Do you need help?"

     The she-cat seemed happy and unaware of the battle.

     "Yes Snowdrop. Go get Seville and Jigsaw." Woody ordered.

     "Okay." Snowdrop bounded to two cats who were talking. One was a large ginger tom and another was brown tabby.

      "Seville! Jigsaw! Woody needs help!" Snowdrop called the two toms. 

     The ginger rolled his eyes and leaped off the fence.

     "What does he need this time?" The ginger said. 

     "I don't know Seville, but lets go!" Snowdrop said excitedly.

     "Okay. Let's go." The brown tabby jumped off the fence and Snowdrop said "Thanks Jigsaw! Are you coming Seville?" The tilted he head at Seville.

     Seville nodded and the three cats ran off the Woody.

     "We're here!" Jigsaw called out to Woody.

     "Follow me." Woody ordered the three cats and they bounded towards the place at where I was.

     I jerked my thoughts before Woody came back with Snowdrop, Seville, and Jigsaw.

     "I've brought help." Woody said to me.

      "Who are they?" I asked, even though I already knew.

     "This is Snowdrop, Seville, and Jigsaw." Woody said, pointing to the three cats with his tail.

     "So why did you bring us to a kit?" Seville asked Woody.

     A kit? He calls me a kit?

       "I am not a kit." I said, agitated. 

     "Her name is Redpaw. She and some wild cats came from a lake that's connected to the river." Woody explained.

     I explained why we came and they seemed to understand.

     "Come on let's get back to the other." I said after I finished my story about how we got here and what happened.

     We reached base camp and Breezepelt looked at me and said, "Who are they?"

     "Woody came back with Snowdrop, Seville, and Jigsaw so they can help us. I brought them here so we can free the water." I said looking at my paws, guiltily.