Chapter Three: Training, Dream, and Gathering

I overslept again for the quarter moon. I was always thinking about the prophecy. My dreams were always filled with cats telling me to protect them and cats dying around me if I refused.

     I would always wake up with bright sunlight in the den. I walked out of the den and headed towards Graystripe who was looking at me seriously.

     "Overslept again?" He said.

     "Yes." I said back.

     "You know you can tell me anything." He said honestly.

     "I know." I replied.

     I can't tell you everything. I thought about the propchecy and Breezepelt.

     "So today we are going to hunt for the clan." Graystripe announced.

     I nodded and we raced through the forest until we reached the Windclan border.

     There was a rabbit sniffing for food but luckily I was downwind. I crept of on it was a yowl scared it off.

     "What are you doing on Windclan territory?" A black tom with amber eyes yowled.

     "We weren't on your territory." Graystripe said calmly.

     "Well you were about to. If you caught that rabbit it would have be a whisker close to the border." Another Windclan cat, a small white she-cat said.

     Two more cats came to see what the fuss was all about.

     A brown tom with a black ear and a dark gray she-cat walked towards us.

     "Breezepelt! Whitetail! What are you two doing?" The dark gray she-cat demanded.

     "Swallowtail. Antpelt. These two cats are accusing us of trespassing the border." Graystripe nodded to the two cats.

      The cat I'm guessing is Swallowtail looked at Breezepelt and Whitetail.

     "Unless they do cross the border don't accuse them." She said, giving them a glare.

     "Yes Swallowtail." The two cats said in unison.

     "Sorry they caused so much trouble. Carry on." Antpelt said to me and Graystripe.

     "Okay Redpaw, we had better go somewhere else." Graystripe suggested the same thing I was thinking. I nodded in agreement.

     We went towards the lake and I caught four voles and two mice by sundown. Graystripe had caught three squirrels and four voles.

      "Let's get back to camp and we can do some battle training." Graystripe reported.

      "Are we going to train one on one?" I tilted my head.

      "Yep! We are going to practice a new move you haven't learned before. After the lesson you, and some warriors, and apprentices are going to have a practice battle." Graystripe said, starting to walk towards Sandy Hollow.

     I was a one end of the clearing and Graystripe was at the other end.

      "Okay Redpaw, all you have to do if jump really high so you can dodge attacks." He explained to me.

      After a few seconds he jumped really high and landed perfectly on all four legs.

     "Now you try." Graystripe nodded to me.

     Okay. I jumped at high as any cat could and landed gracefully on the ground.

     "Perfect. Now try to dodge my attacks." Graystripe said.