Chapter Four: The Chosen Three

"Lionblaze, Foxleap, and Redpaw shall be going to the patrol," Firestar said from High-ledge.

     We had just came back from the Gathering and Firestar had decided to chose the three cats who will be going to the patrol. I was excited and shocked at the same time.

     Why would they chose me? Why didn't Dovepaw go? Questions raced inside my head like a stampede. Firestar leaped off High-ledge and walked towards his den. I can't believe I'm actually going!

     I walked towards Dovepaw.

     "Hey Dovepaw can I talk to you?" I asked.

     She nodded and we headed towards Ancient Oak.

     "So what did you want to talk about?" Dovepaw asked.

    "How come you didn't want to go?" I asked.

     "Well I wanted you to go. If anyone deserves it it's you. You hunt and train tirelessly ever since you've joined," Dovepaw exclaimed.

     "But you deserve it. You're the one who found out about the animals," I said, looking at her.

     "Well about that. I asked Lionblaze to tell Firestar to say that you had a dream about the animals," Dovepaw confessed.

     "You are the best cat in the world!" I said happily.

     "Thanks!" She said before we walked back.

     We entered camp to see cats looking at me, Lionblaze, and Foxleap.

     This is awkward. I thought.

     Dovepaw walked into the apprentices den.

     I walked towards Brambleclaw.

     "When are we going to head to the island?" I asked causally.

     "Tomorrow. Until then go get some rest. You'll need it," Brambleclaw answered.

     I nodded and walked to the apprentices den.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     I woke up and saw the moon still shining. Why would I get up this early? I thought confused. I walked out to see Foxleap sneaking out of camp while Toadstep wasn't looking.

     What is he up to? I decided to follow Foxleap.

     I crept silently to the entrance before Toadstep could see.

     No turning back now.

     I followed Foxleap to a garden with wild jasmine. He stood silently, looking at the beautiful flowers. I walked out of the bushes.

     "Can't believe it ether?" I asked.

     He jumped around at stared at me.

     "Uh yeah. You probably think I'm acting like a kit but this place cheers me up when I'm nervous," Foxleap said, embarrassed.

     "Don't worry, you're secret is safe with me," I reasurred him.

     "I'm sorry for accusing you when you first joined," Foxleap said after a few seconds.

     "It's okay. I wouldn't trust a stranger if they came and joined the clan," I said.

     I remebered when I first joined Thunderclan. I didn't know about the prophecy then. I think that's why I turned into a cat.