Chapter Nineteen: Darkness Rising

"We need to find Ivypool!" Dovewing's wail woke me up.

What? I peeped outside of the den. Riverclan, Windclan, and Shadowclan cats were in the clearing. Thunderclan sent some warriors to each other clan also.

"There isn't any time!" Jayfeather ran towards the medicine cat den.

"They are coming!" Dovewing yowled.

Cats stopped what they were doing. Who are coming? Please don't let it be Dark Forest!

"Who is coming?" Brambleclaw asked.

"Dark Forest!" Dovewing was trembling.

"How do you know?" Hazeltail asked.

"She just does! We have to prepare for this battle!" I instructed.

Dark Forest cats were racing towards camp. Dovewing was right! It's all happening so fast! A dark tabby shape caught my attention. Tigerstar! He was leading the Dark Forest cats to camp. I'm going to need all of the power of the stars in my paws!

"Dovewing and Cloudtail! Go help Sandstorm, Brackenfur, and Whitewing guard camp! The rest of you must be ready to fight!" Firestar ordered.

Dovewing and Cloudtail ran out of camp. Cats tensed around me. They all know that they are going to ave to fight as hard as ever right?

"Attack!" Firestar ordered.

"Attack!" Tigerstar yowled at the same time as Firestar.

With a flurry of dark colored pelts and normal clan cat pelts blinded my vision. Mapleshade was fighting with Ferncloud. Snowtuft was sneaking up on Ferncloud. Oh no! I shot towards Snowtuft.

"Traitor!" Snowtuft hissed in my ear.

 "I am no traitior!" I growled.

I slashed my claws across his face and he yowled in fury. I dodged every blow he aimed at me. I dug my claws in his shoulders. He fled away to the entrance. That's one less cat to worry about!

"Thanks!" Ferncloud meowed after she hit Mapleshade across the cheek.

I nodded and ran towards where Sparrowpelt was fighting Brightheart. Darkstripe was running towards Sparrowpelt. He's thinking about Dovewing and Cloudtail! Are they hurt?

"There's two warriors I fought off. They should bleed to death," Darkstripe reported.

"Good. Go see if there's any other cats to fight," Sparrowpelt ordered.

Brightheart seemed to not have any wounds but she didn't see a blow being aimed at her one her blind side. I stepped in at tripped Sparrowpelt. After that, me and Brightheart matched blow for blow.

"I need to check on Dovewing and Cloudtail!" I hurried out of camp.

There were still other cats fighting in the forest. I avoided them and almost reached them. Almost.

"Where do you think you're going loner?" Thistleclaw's deep meow rung in my ears.

I whipped around to see him looming over me. I clawed his side and he was bleeding. He slammed with claws across my cheek. A flash of silver gray fur shot at Thistleclaw.

Dovewing! Thistleclaw ran away and left camp. This is great! We are starting to defeat Dark Forest! Someething inside me told me it was just the beginning.