Chapter Nine: Secrets can't be kept

It has been a quarter moon since the first time I met Breezepelt in secret. We would meet at least two times a week. Well I'll be a warrior in four more moons!

     Speaking of who's becoming a warrior, Bumblepaw, Blossompaw, and Brairpaw are becoming warriors in two more days! I looked over at the three apprentices. Blossompaw was curled up in a ball, Bumblepaw had his legs outstretched, and Brairpaw's legs splayed out in front of another.

     It was dawn so I stretched and walked out of the den. Graystripe wasn't out of the warriors den yet so I decided to eat. I chose a squirrel and sat next to Dovepaw and Ivypaw.

     "Hey you two!" I greeted them.

     "Hey Redpaw!" Ivypaw replied while Dovepaw took a bit out of her mouse.

     "I can't wait until we become warriors!" Dovepaw said excitedly after she ate half of her mouse.

     "Me too!" Me and Ivypaw said in unison. We laughed and finished off our breakfast.

     I saw Graystripe walk out of the warriors den. I wonder what we are going to do today. I got up and walked towards him.

     "Hey Graystripe! What are we going to be doing today?" I asked the gray striped tabby.

     "Hello Redpaw. Today we are doing battle training with Brairpaw and Bumblepaw." Graystripe said. For some reason he sounded distracted.

     "Are you okay?" I asked him, I tilted my head.

     "Yeah. So let's get to Sandy Hollow," Graystripe said coming back to the world.

     I think he's nervous about his kits becoming warriors. I would be be worried too. I walked towards the entrance with Graystripe by my side. We decided to hunt before we trained. Graystripe turned to the Windclan border.

     "Are we going to hunt near Windclan border?" I cocked my head.

     Graystripe nodded and stalked a squirrel. Windclan. Breezepelt.

     The thought of him gets me in a happy mood. He's one of the best cats I've ever met!

     After Graystripe and I caught some prey we walked back to camp, with two mice in my jaws and two squirrels in his. We entered camp and laid out prey out in the fresh-kill pile. I spotted Brairpaw and Bumblepaw heading to the forest with Thornclaw and Mousewhisker.

     I skipped to them and said, "Hey everyone!"

     "Hey Redpaw. Where is Graystripe?" Thornclaw asked me.

     I pointed my tail to where Graystripe was, near the entrance. Thornclaw nodded and we all walked to the entrance.

      "Let's get going," Mousewhisker suggested.

     We all walked to Sandy Hollow. I heard birds chirping and squirrels running on the forest floor. Looks like a great day to hunt! We reached Sandy Hollow and sat down in the clearing.

     "Today you are going to practice the Duck-and-Swipe move," Graystripe nodded to us.

     "All you have to do is dodge you're attackers attacks and swipe at their front legs to make them fall," Thornclaw finished.

     "Okay Bumblepaw, you try it on Redpaw," Mousewhisker looked at the gray tabby.

     "Okay," Bumblepaw said.

     Bumblepaw ran towards me and tried to hit my ears. I ducked and while he was confused I swiped my paw under his front paws. He fell, face forward. I swiped at his ears and duck before he could swing his paw at my ears.