Chapter Fourteen: Unknown Newcomers

I opened my eyes to see the moon still shining. I have to do something but what am I supposed to do? An urge to go to the tunnel came to me. There is so much things I need to know.

     I need to find Hollyleaf! I got up, I padded out of the Apprentices' den, and walked to the Dirtplace. Thank Starclan that Toadstep didn't see me!

     I got out of the Dirtplace quickly and walked towards the tunnels. So much has happened there.

     "Hollyleaf?" I called out to the darkness.

     There was no answer. I have to go in there! I walked into the dark and silent tunnel. She's got to be in here! I padded deeper into the tunnels.

     "Hollyleaf? Are you there?" I called once again.

     "Redleaf? I thought you weren't going to come back here," Hollyleaf said with hope in her voice.

     She stepped out from the shadows.

     "Do you know of Thunderclan?" I asked.

     "Yes, I was once Thunderclan," Hollyleaf's green eyes flickered with sadness and regret.

     "What do you mean used to? Were you exiled?" I tilted my head.

     "You will get you answers after I finish my story," Hollyleaf beckoned me with her tail, "Follow me."

     Hollyleaf lead me to a river. It has crystal clear water and it shone in the dim light. She sat down so I sat down right after her.

     "So what happened?" I was obviously asking for a story.

     "When Lionblaze, Jayfeather, and I were apprentices, Jayfeather, then named Jaypaw, found out about a prophecy," Hollyleaf told me but I interrupted.

     "There will be three, kin of your kin, who hold the power of the stars in their paws," I whispered the prophecy.

     "Right. Lionblaze and Jayfeather were a part of the three, but I wasn't. When Jayfeather found out Leafpool was our mother I couldn't bear it. Soon after that I found out Crowfeather from Windclan was our father," Hollyleaf choked on those words.

     "But blood doesn't matter. Where your loyalty lies matters," I tried to confront her but failed.

     "I wish I knew that before I..." Hollyleaf cleared her throat.

     "There was a fire in the camp. Lionblaze and I couldn't find Jayfeather. When we found him, the exits were blocked. Squirrelflight helped us out, but then Ashfur threatened to kill us. Squirrelflight told Ashfur about us not being her kits. We all knew what Ashfur would do," Hollyleaf looked at her paws.

     "I did something I regretted my entire life. Ashfur was going to tell the clans at the Gathering. I couldn't let that happen. I... Murdered him," Hollyleaf revealed.

     "But why did you tell the clans at the Gathering?" I asked.

     "I didn't know what was right anymore," Hollyleaf answered.

     "So is that why you ran away?" I tilted my head to one side.

     "Yes, I decided to exile myself," Hollyleaf said truthfully.

     "Have you ever heard of Dark Forest?" I was wondering if there will be a battle against Dark Forest and Starclan.

     "Yes I have. I've been having nightmares about Dark Forest," Hollyleaf shivered, "They are rising. All I know is that Dark Forest will shed unneeded blood."