Chapter Twenty: The Final Battle

"Dark Forest is coming back again!" Dovewing perked up her ears.

     "All badly injured cats, go to the medicine cat den now!" Firestar ordered.

     Some cats limped to the den reluctantly. We can't risk losing them! This time, clan cats were fighting with Dark Forest.

     "Dark Forest! Attack!" Brokenstar yowled.

     "Clan cats! Attack!" Firestar yowled back.

     A starry light shone in the clearing. Cats entered the camp but they looked more transparent than normal cats. I recognized the shapes of Bluestar, Yellowfang, and Spottedleaf. Starclan!

     "Whitestorm!" Graystripe meowed in amazement to a white tom.

     "This is a battle. Not a reunion," Whitestorm headed into battle.

     Out of the corner if my eye, I saw a familiar shape. Breezepelt! As if he hadn't caused enough trouble!

     The black tom had Lionblaze pinned down. Breezepelt had an evil glint in his amber eyes. He chose the wrong side.

     "We already killed Hollyleaf! Now it's your turn," Breezepelt growled to Lionblaze.

     He raised his paw, which had unsheathed claws, and nearly killed Lionblaze. I bowled into Breezepelt and growled.

     "If it isn't Redleaf? Have you finally came back to Dark Forest?" Breezepelt asked.

     "Never, I won't break the warrior code again. I won't see Dark Forest again, and I won't see you again," I hissed in his ear.

     Breezepelt hissed at me and raked his claws across my side. I winced and tripped him. I dug my claws into his shoulders and he threw me off. I landed on the ground with a thud. I felt dizzy. Breezepelt swiped his claws across my muzzle. I tried to throw him off but he kept injuring me.

     A russet ginger flash hit Breezepelt. Foxleap? Foxleap hit Breezepelt in the shoulder which caused Breezepelt to fall.

     "You can't hurt Redleaf!" Foxleap growled.

     "Why can't I?" Breezepelt hissed back.

     "You can't hurt her because I love her!" Foxleap growled and raked his claws on Breezepelt's side.

     Breezepelt ran out of camp and that was the last time we saw him. I though he didn't want to be mates with me! I limped towards him.

     "Thanks Foxleap!" I muzzled him and his looked at me.

     "I made a mistake. I love you and no cat could change that," Foxleap meowed.

     "We have to keep fighting," I looked at our surroundings.

     I could see a limp body in the clearing. Mousefur? The poor elder was dead. When I looked at the nursery, Ferncloud was fighting as hard as she could. But Brokenstar bit her neck before she could do anything.

     "Ferncloud is dead!" I wailed.

     "Come on!" Foxleap lead me to Ferncloud.

     Me and Foxleap helped defend the nursery. Yellowfang was fighting Brokenstar.

     "I made a mistake by letting you live!" Yellowfang growled.

     "It's too late you stupid cat! Dark Forest will win!" Brokenstar said evilly.

     Yellowfang bit into his neck and blood stared to pour out. Brokenstar's limp body slumped to the ground and Dark Forest cats stopped fighting.