Chapter Sixteen: The Next Prophecy and More Secrecy

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey, gather beneath Highledge for a clan meeting!" Firestar yowled.

I opened my eyes to his call. Crystalpaw and Nightpaw were not in the Apprentices' den. Where are they?

"Come on," Dovewing said to me and Ivypool.

Ivypool and I sleepily got up from our own nests and walked outside with Dovewing. Crystalpaw and Nightpaw were standing with their mentors with sleek pelts. They are becoming warriors!

"I have called you all to attend Crystalpaw's and Nightpaw's warrior ceremony," Firestar announced and then he turned to Hazeltail, "Is Nightpaw ready to become a warrior?" 

"Yes. He is very skillful and will become an excellent warrior," Hazeltail reported.

"Great," Firestar turned to Thornclaw, "Thornclaw. Is Crystalpaw ready to become a warrior?"

"Yes Firestar. Crystalpaw will become a warrior that the clan will be proud of," Thornclaw reported.

"Crystalpaw and Nightpaw. Do you promise to uphold the Warrior Code? Even by the cost of your life?" Firestar asked.

"I do," Both of the apprentices meowed without hesitation.

"Then, by the powers of Starclan, I, Firestar leader of Thunderclan, give Crystalpaw and Nightpaw their warrior names," Firestar looked at Crystalpaw, "Crystalpaw. You shall be now known as Crystaltail for your swiftness and intelligence. Thunderclan welcomes you as a full warrior."

Crystaltail walked up to Firestar and licked his shoulder fur. She sat down and waited for Nightpaw to be named.

"Nightpaw. You shall be known as Nightclaw for your skills and loyalty. Thunderclan welcomes you as a full warrior," Firestar dipped his head.

Nightclaw padded towards Firestar and licked his shoulder fur. 

"Crystaltail! Nightclaw! Crystaltail! Nightclaw!" The whole clan cheered.

"They shall sit silent vigil tonight," Firestar announced.

Cats parted from the large group of cats. Dovewing and I walked to the newly named warriors.

"Great job on becoming a warrior," Dovewing mewed.

"Congratulations!" I meowed.

Crystaltail dipped her head and Nightclaw puffed out his chest proudly.

"Hey you two," Jayfeather's blunt voice came form behind us, "Do you know where Lionblaze is?"

"Yeah. He is on a walk with Hollyleaf," Dovewing reported. 

"Come on," Jayfeather ordered.

I sighed. The three of us walked towards Ancient Oak.

"The past is like my shadow. It follows me," Hollyleaf admitted to Lionblaze.

"Here they are," Dovewing meowed.

"Okay okay big ears," Jayfeather grumbled.

"Jayfeather needs to tell us something," I explained to Lionblaze.

"With me?" Hollyleaf sounded uncertain.

"Without you," Jayfeather mewed without sympathy.

He doesn't have to be so mean! Who put dirt in his fresh-kill?

"Oh. Okay. I guess I'll go hunting," Hollyleaf shrugged.

Hollyleaf walked towards the lake. Jayfeather turned to us.