Chapter Eight: Breaking the Warrior code

Is has been about three days since the battle with Windclan, and the talk with Breezepelt. Pictures of his eyes and fur lingered in my head.

     What am I doing? I shouldn't meet him!

     I thought about what happened that night three days ago.

     {Flashback}

     I stared at Breezepelt, stunned.

     He likes me?

      That's against the Warrior code!

      "I'm sorry if I said the wrong thing," Breezepelt said, avoiding my gaze.

     "Actually I-I've been, you're probably think I'm crazy, but I've been thinking about ever since the journey," I stuttered.

     He looked at me with something I can't describe.

      Stronger than friendship.

      No! I can't be falling in love with him!

     "Redpaw, so you want to meet here in three days? So both of our clans can calm down," Breezepelt asked shyly.

     "Okay," I agreed.

     I brushed his cheek with mine and walked towards camp. I looked behind me and saw his amber gaze. My ears felt hot, so I avoided his gaze and walked back to camp.

     {End Of Flashback}

     I've been avoiding Dovepaw lately so she wouldn't ask any questions. It's going to be really hard if I want to sneak out. I spotted Jayfeather looking at me.Stay out of my head!

     I walked to Graystripe, without looking at the apprentices, and asked, "Are we going to train today?"

     He shook his head and said, "We are doing to a sun-high border patrol and check to see if Windclan's up to no good."

     Windclan?

     I shook the thought away and stood up. "So who's going?" I asked Graystripe.

     "Foxleap, Lionblaze, and Whitewing," He answered.

     I bet Jayfeather knows that something is wrong.

     Stupid powers

     Stupid prophecy

     Why is my life so dramatic?

     I walked towards the fresh-kill pile and chose a squirrel. I sat down next to Foxleap and said, "Hi Foxleap."

     "Hey," He took another bite of his rabbit and said, "So what are you doing today?"

     I took tiny bites out of my squirrel and said, "Well I'm going on the Windclan border patrol and I'm going to be hunting," I reported.

     "Did you know that Bumblepaw, Blossompaw, and Brairpaw are going to get their warriors names in a half moon?" He asked.

     I shook my head.

     What kind of friend am I if I didn't even know that?

     "Come on you two. Let's get on the patrol," Lionblaze stood behind us.

     "Okay," I said and I finished my squirrel.

      I stood up and waited for Foxleap.

   Foxleap finished his rabbit and we walked to the entrance. Whitewing was flicking her tail impatiently, Graystripe was sitting there, and Lionblaze said, "Alright, lets get going."