Chapter 19

"Cate. You can't be here. You have a daughter and man who love you and need you back there. Go back to them. You'll never forget us but don't leave them. Not now."
"Owen? What's going on?"
"Remember I was on the organ donor list? Tony needed a new heart. They gave him mine. I am living on in him. I couldn't let him and you be together though, as he was still grieving for Ally, so I sent Jaime to you. I could see he was a good person and would look after you both. Make him as happy as I used to make you. Go back to him.

My head is killing me. I try to open my eyes but it hurts. I hear Jaime's voice.
"Cate. Wakey wakey sunshine." I try again and slowly they open. I look around and I'm in the hospital. Why? What happened? I vaguely remember seeing Owen.
"Jaime, I saw Owen" I whisper.
"He told me to come back to you. Tony has his heart." He looks confused to say the least. He gently kisses my forehead. I grab his hand and squeeze it.
"We nearly lost you Cate. You haemorrhaged just after you delivered the baby. You had to have a blood transfusion and they weren't sure you would make it. I couldn't believe I could lose you so I stayed the whole time and now you're back. I'm just going to get the nurse ok darling." I nod as he stands up and goes off to find a nurse. The door opens almost immediately and Tony comes in, carrying Scarlett. I smile weakly and Scarlett starts crying.
"She missed you so much" Tony tells me. I pat the bed and he puts her down there. I hold my arms out and she crawls over for a hug.
"Hey beautiful" I whisper. She kisses my cheek and promptly falls asleep.
"Thank you" I whisper. I don't have the strength to speak any louder. My eyes close before I can stop them.