Chapter 17

I pull on my pyjamas and decide to stay upstairs out of his way. I lie on my bed, flicking through Facebook and Instagram on my phone. I don't have Twitter so have no idea what's happening out there. I hear footsteps on the stairs and assume it's Jaime coming to check on me. It isn't. What a shocker. Not. Vic barges into my room.
"Come on in, Vic" I mutter sarcastically.
"So now you've had enough of conning Tony, you're going after Jaime too" he shouts at me.
"Excuse me?"
"I saw the ultrasound photo downstairs. Have you tricked Jaime into thinking that he's going to be a father?"
"Hardly. I'm pretty certain he can do maths Vic."
"So do you even know who the father is?"
With these words I completely lose it.
"Do you remember me telling you I'd only ever slept with one man? He's the father ok. Jaime knows that."
"Why didn't he go with you to the hospital then? Why isn't he supporting you?"
"He's dead Vic. Not that I expect you to care. He died in a car crash along with my baby boy. Do you want to see their death certificates? Shall I take you to their grave? Go on, tell me. You don't believe me, huh."
He just glares at me before storming out of the room. I collapse on the bed, tears streaming down my face.