28. Makeup

Once Papyrus was asleep, Sans quickly, yet quietly, exited the room. Trying to teleport to the bar, Sans realized nothing was gonna happen. Maybe teleport from the lab all the way home was a bad idea. Not having enough magic left, he bolted out the front door. The night was cold and damp. It must've just rained. Not that it mattered or anything. Quick as lightning, the skeleton dashed to the bar that he used to frequent so often. At night, everything was peaceful. Not many people roamed the streets, and few cars drove past the running skeleton. Once said bar was in sights, Sans' pace quickened. When he arrived at the entrance, he was shocked to find it unlocked. Did someone break in? Was his dream becoming reality?

Entering was the only way to find out. Without thinking, the short monster shoved the door open with much force. Inside the bar was Grillby. He sat at one of the bar stools with a shot glass filled with what was most likely alcohol. Though the fire man owned a bar, Sans never thought he actually drank. "GRILLBY!" His voice echoed through the room, instantly grabbing the other monsters attention. His head whipped around to look at the voice, and his face hardened.

"Sans." The two stared at each other for a moment before Sans slowly made his way closer to him. "What do you want?" Venom was laced in Grillby's voice. Not only venom, but sadness. "i..i want to talk to you.". He continued to walk closer. "From what I recall, you want me to stay the fuck away from you and your life." He put extra hate in the swear word. "grilbz..i'm so-" "What Sans? Your sorry? Is that it? Well I don't care. You broke up with me in front of my restaurant as loud as possible. You know what you did."

Grillby shut his eyes and let out a heavy sigh. It was embarrassing and heartbreaking to be broken up with in front of so many people. He can't just apologize and everything be better. That's not how it works! It's just not! Suddenly, two arms wrapped around him. The eyes behind his glasses shot open and looked down to see boney arms around his waist. He tried to pull away, but they stood firmly grasping him.

"grillby, i'm so sorry. i didn't mean to hurt you like i did. i was drunk and had so much on my mind. i can promis you that if you take me back, i will never keep secrets from you. everything you want to know i'll tell you, promise!" After a couple seconds of silence, the bartender spoke.

"Well first off, what do you mean you saw me die?"

Hey! Sorry for the delay and the short chapter, but here it is! Um.. I don't know what else to put here so... hope you enjoy the next chapter!<3